Found a shop to CLA and Service Olympus RFs

Dave Easterwood—highly recommended

Dave Easterwood—highly recommended

I would highly recommend Dave Easterwood of Dave’s Camera Repair in Chelsea, Michigan. He’s been repairing cameras for over 40 years and is a true master. For years he had a storefront but now works out of his house. He has repaired and done CLAs for me on many cameras through the year including, but not limited to: Leica M3, Nikon SP, Minolta CLE, Olympus OM4t, Oly 35 RC, RD, SP, XA, XA4, Konica Auto S3, Canonnettes, as well as the lenses for the system cameras. His work is impeccable and his prices are very reasonable. He never charges me for diagnosis and estimates. On top of this, his entire basement and several storage units are filled with camera parts for classic cameras. As camera repair shops have closed around the country many have given him truckloads of parts. If he doesn’t have a part he frequently can fabricate it. Dave is the real deal. I enjoy just spending time in his shop.

Dave Easterwood—[email protected]
*(734) 433-2640‬

Last edited:
Unfortunately Dave had a heart attack recently, and he's not yet back up to speed. He's had 3 of my cameras for about 8 months now...

Dave Easterwood

Dave Easterwood

Unfortunately Dave had a heart attack recently, and he's not yet back up to speed. He's had 3 of my cameras for about 8 months now...

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you know when it happened? He worked on a camera for me in October.

Dave Easterwood

Dave Easterwood

I spoke with Dave by phone yesterday. He did have a health issue recently, but i wasn't a heart attack and he has recovered and is doing fine now. He is back to repairing cameras, and my recommendation stands.

Steve Rosenblum

Back