Votes: 33 11.2%
  • Computer

Votes: 37 12.6%
  • I do not write

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Others

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters
I've been through and bought more than I care to say, and my most used are Parker 51's. In fact, a little over a year ago I stopped buying/trying anything else and just use 51's. Couldn't ask for more in a fountain pen. The only one I want a copy of besides those, is a NOS Rotring 600, old style, black. I just haven't felt like laying down that much cash yet.

Lamy 2000 as a daily writer (F).
Pelikan M250 (M).

Recently ordered a TWSBI 530 Diamond (F) - couldn't resist - should be good value.

I'd like to order a custom Nakaya one day.

Gr. It's killing me. How am I going to save up for the X100 if I keep spending all the cash I (don't) have on pens?!?!

I ask as just this week I got in the mail a Torelli reproduction of a Montblanc 139 with 149 nib, in white and transparent red acrylic (so kind of a stealth-demonstrator like a Custom 823) - just after buying a silver MB 146 and an arctic white Conway Stewart Coronet.

I need help.

I am a newbie Penman. I love all of the writing instruments and Specially into Antique and vintage pen stuffs.
I love dip pens and hard-core " Spencerian and copperplate styles'" Since I got into calligraphy My photography fashion got faded away.
I am a analogue man I still believe what we do manually/ Not digitally has always it's place. Pens, pencils and brushes makes me always excitements. Just as my Leica M6 made me into fashion of photography, A ventage nib and a quality paper and a saturated ink gives me more pleasure always.

Kaweco Sport with ultra fine point for me. My current one is a burnt orange color, bought it at a fancy pen shop in Boston in '19.
My everyday pen is a mint colored Kaweco Skyline Sport with an extra fine nib. Easy to uncap, quick to post, and costs about $20. It's like the Nikon Series E of fountain pens. Mostly plastic and totally unspectacular, but perfectly functional.

I have a brass Kaweco Liliput too, but it's not as quick to uncap and post as the Skyline Sport.

I have many fountain pens, but keep coming back to the simple ones (Parker 45 and Sheaffer PFM)
A few years ago, as I was driving by Columbus OH I saw that Bexley Pen was very close and went to see their place.
I was not only allowed in but given a tour of the place by the owner. I bought this nice pen then, it has served me well.

Bexley Pen

IMG_0052.jpg
I collect vintage pens and ink. writing is my new passion next to photography.
Above is my special Mont blanc fountain pens collection that grew up in to Mini collection in time. The top pen is a vintage silver pen and my latest add to the collection and it came few week back.
I must mention here these mini photo dummy books are the prototype books I was planing to get my French "Mont Blanc mountain Vally" landscape photography series. Unfortunatley It Never got finish but I have several nini Books that make me a bit proud of thinking how far I went in photography.

My everyday pen is a mint colored Kaweco Skyline Sport with an extra fine nib. Easy to uncap, quick to post, and costs about $20. It's like the Nikon Series E of fountain pens. Mostly plastic and totally unspectacular, but perfectly functional.

I have a brass Kaweco Liliput too, but it's not as quick to uncap and post as the Skyline Sport.

The mint Skyline Sport is a lovely pen, as is the brass model. I own one other Kaweco Sport, in black with gold lettering, and a broad brass nib. It also has the brass pocket clip.

I'm left-handed, so the extra fine nib suits me best as the ink dries quickly. I've had to replace that nib once, I wasn't able to figure out exactly what was wrong with the first nib - after a couple of years, ink flow got pretty erratic. I tried a few fixes but they didn't take. Other than that, these pens have been extremely reliable. The ink is also very easy to obtain and inexpensive. I carry around Field Notes notebooks and a Kaweco Sport almost everywhere.

I collect vintage pens and ink. writing is my new passion next to photography.
Above is my special Mont blanc fountain pens collection that grew up in to Mini collection in time. The top pen is a vintage silver pen and my latest add to the collection and it came few week back.
I must mention here these mini photo dummy books are the prototype books I was planing to get my French "Mont Blanc mountain Vally" landscape photography series. Unfortunatley It Never got finish but I have several nini Books that make me a bit proud of thinking how far I went in photography.
I have an original Montblanc "Noir et Noir" before they had to change the name. Neat little rare pen but haven't used it in years. Too many pens.

I have come around to the Pelican M1000. It is very different to the other Souverain Pelikans. The nib is softer, and the ink flow generous to the point of too generous. But it now seems to last the day and it tames my writing from its smoothness, and the diameter of the barrel and its weight.

I rotate this with a limited edition M605 and a couple of M805s, one with a fine nib and the other extra fine, and not so much now, my original M800.

By changing through the different pens my writing tends not to deteriorate so much, a constant battle for me over decades. I have to write a lot and a biro tires my hand very quickly.

The customers love my serious recording of the notes, sometimes slowing down to be sure I capture every word. I tell them I can keep up, but don't reveal that I am not actually recording every word. Later my memory of each encounter is enhanced by having used pen and ink on paper, with some diagrams, lines arcing back to earlier points, underlining, inverted commas with varying degrees of emphasis.

Last edited:
My most used pens are the Lamy 2000 (medium nib, usually filled with one of the Pilot Iroshizuku inks) and the TWSBI Vac 700 (filled with whatever because it basically will never dry out). My wife loves her Lamy Aion, which I have to admit is a great feeling pen. Honestly, though, all the euro nibs are going to be way wider than the asian ones. I like the 2000 because it can be bought new but is unchanged since it's inception. It's a great piece of historical design and really captures the spirit of the last century.

The parker 45 is still my favorite, I got one when I began 3rd grade for calligraphy lessons and over the years acquired a few.
No frills pens, work well and have lasted a long time.
This one belonged to my dad.

Parker45GT

I have a couple of TWSBI Eco piston fillers. Those things hold way too much ink! My typical modus operandi is to fill a pen and use it, then once it is empty I clean it and fill another pen. Lather, rinse, repeat. I've been using those TWSBIs now for way too long. I had the same problem with the Kaweko Sport I have. I eyedroppered it once and it took forever to use it all up.

I've still never found a good super flexible extra fine point pen. I used Zebra nibs for a while but those are a pain since they wear out and then have to be changed. Fitting them into a pen is a pain too. Not worth it. I have a couple of Parker Sonnets with gold nibs. Those are about at close as I've gotten.

One of the funny and annoying things I've discover over the years about fountain pens is the more I pay for them, the more temperamental they are. I have cheap pens that always write no matter how long I leave them filled with ink, and good pens that dry out seemingly overnight. Drives me nuts.

I have a draw with a few fountain pens in them, love Parker 51s, something very appealing about the craftsmanship of a good pen, in a similar way to the craftsmanship of a good camera

… the Citroen DS of pens, the Parker 51.
How so? I am not familiar with fountain pens very much, though I’ve used inexpensive ones. I’m fairly familiar with the Citroën DS 21 and 19, so this remark intrigues me.

Reading this whole thread, there is sometimes a certain embarrassment or apology for the perceived “Luddite” nature of using these pens. On the contrary, just as with mechanical watches, film cameras, or even manual transmissions, the appeal of using these devices is that they give the user a sense of involvement, engagement, and the appreciation of craftsmanship.

My favorite pen for daily use is the ubiquitous PILOT G - 2 07.

Back