Gallery pics for the week ending Monday feb 20

robert blu

quiet photographer
Local time
5:02 AM
Gallery Picks is an opportunity for you to post a heads up to what you have seen during the past seven days at RFF that you like.
There's no membership requirement, no criteria (except past seven days), no voting, no limit to the number of photos mentioned, and everybody mentioned is a winner.

Anybody can start the thread on a Monday.

How to do it (in case you are not familiar with the procedure).

First go to Gallery Portal - Gallery select all photos (check if ordered by date)
Than go with the mouse over the photo you want to select and click with the right key of the mouse: a drop down menu appears, and click (left key) on the "copy image link" .

Now go back to the thread and in the answer window go over the top bar and click the small rectangular icon with a landscape in it (it s named insert image) which opens a small window: on the top of this select the chain simbol (on the right) which opens a box for the URL address in which you can paste the address of the image by clicking with the right key of the mouse. Please be carefu not to select ther nsert media box and be aware that it is not possible to paste more than three photo in a post.
Suggestion to make it simpler: I open on the screen of my computer two tabs or two windows : one with the tread and the other with the gallery. In this way I am able to move quicker from the gallery to the thread and back. I hope this helps :)

My selection for this week starts with an intense portrait by Froyd of his son, with a beautiful Golf GTI, I remeber when it was a dream for me , I mean the car, not Froyd's son. Excellent use of a Rolleiflex and great grey tones form the XP2.

U6408.1676431934.0.jpg

next another intense photo with a nice use of the light and a constructive flare, by Shab.

U28593.1676567152.0.jpg

and a photo by Dotur, I like the lateral light which adds a rythm with its klight and shadows

U29760.1676476972.0.jpg

mrtoml popsted a study of self portrait, experimenting high contrast with one light.
First I thank him for sharing his study with us. In the series I prefer this photo (but they are all good) because it leaves more room for my imagination

U8823.1676567094.0.jpg

another intereting series of self portraits has been posted by rhl-oregon: I like this one for the mutliple layers.

U45148.1676593943.1.jpeg

and after the B&W I like to insert among my preferences this photo by Mlehrman, love the light and the colours!

med_U3187.1676874492.0.jpg

Now it is up to you! Have you seen anything you appreciate, you have been surprised to see? PLease share :)

Robert Hill Long and Arnold Layne: Thank you for choosing my work. Both examples are Kodachrome scans.
Amazing how well that film holds up.

My selection for this week starts with an intense portrait by Froyd of his son, with a beautiful Golf GTI, I remeber when it was a dream for me , I mean the car, not Froyd's son. Excellent use of a Rolleiflex and great grey tones form the XP2.

U6408.1676431934.0.jpg

next another intense photo with a nice use of the light and a constructive flare, by Shab.

U28593.1676567152.0.jpg

and a photo by Dotur, I like the lateral light which adds a rythm with its klight and shadows

U29760.1676476972.0.jpg
Thanks, Robert!

Back