Gallery pics for the week ending Monday March 06

robert blu

quiet photographer
Local time
12:07 AM
Gallery Picks is an opportunity for you to post a heads up to what you have seen during the past seven days at RFF that you like.
There's no membership requirement, no criteria (except past seven days), no voting, no limit to the number of photos mentioned, and everybody mentioned is a winner.

Anybody can start the thread on a Monday.

How to do it (in case you are not familiar with the procedure).

First go to Gallery Portal - Gallery select all photos (check if ordered by date)
Than go with the mouse over the photo you want to select and click with the right key of the mouse: a drop down menu appears, and click (left key) on the "copy image link" .

Now go back to the thread and in the answer window go over the top bar and click the small rectangular icon with a landscape in it (it s named insert image) which opens a small window: on the top of this select the chain simbol (on the right) which opens a box for the URL address in which you can paste the address of the image by clicking with the right key of the mouse. Please be carefu not to select ther nsert media box and be aware that it is not possible to paste more than three photo in a post.
Suggestion to make it simpler: I open on the screen of my computer two tabs or two windows : one with the tread and the other with the gallery. In this way I am able to move quicker from the gallery to the thread and back. I hope this helps :)

I start the thread with a photo by Arnold Layne. I like the background a little blurry, just enough to emphasize the foreground but still intelligible. Well done, good use of the Summicron-C 40mm F2

U82040.1677676949.0.jpg
I do not wish to monopolize this thread, I leave space for other RFF friends to make their own choices, come on!

Wait a minute....

OK. I am stuck. I do not find a 'copy image link' by any method.

I can find 'Copy Link' and 'Copy Image address' and 'Copy image' right clicking on the thumbnail.

If I click on the image to enlarge it, the set of options is slightly different. Then when I right click on the enlarged image I only get 'Copy image address' and 'Copy image.'

I have posted before in the weekly thread and this is a terrific week I reckon, but I can't do what you've done and have run out of time this morning to post. Can MP guy weigh in and give us options on how to do this.

Last edited:
@ Richard G: Right clicking on the thumbnail I think it should be "Copy image address" , 11th from the top. Difficult for me to be more exact because I see it in Italian and the description can be slightly different.

Arnold Layne: I really like this but also think that the foreground object is possibly unnecessary ... I would have been fine with the OOF content. None the less it caught my eye instantly. :)

Arnold Layne.jpg

MLEHRMAN: Great geometry, interesting subject with nice pastel tones and astute choice of aspect ratio. :)

MLEHRMAN.jpg

RHL-OREGON: Good composition and it makes me want to know exactly what was happening here! :)

RHL-OREGON.jpeg

I had up Mlehrman's and Axel's shown by Keith above in my first attempt this morning. Thanks Robert: Nr 11 did the trick.

Kai-San.

Serene also

med_U73354.1677853631.0.jpg

rhl-oregon

med_U45148.1678062429.1.jpeg

Shab

Mothers, always thinking...

med_U28593.1678013947.0.jpg

Arnold Layne: I really like this but also think that the foreground object is possibly unnecessary ... I would have been fine with the OOF content. None the less it caught my eye instantly. :)

View attachment 4817721
Thanks a lot Keith. I just wanted the classic Natural vs Atrificial elements. Also to balance the image a bit. And thats a lot, I usually dont think that much 😅
Thank you too Robert!

Jorge, MP Guy, who gave us all this cleverness, posted in the thread about Gallery updates another method of copying. From the show detail of the enlarged image there is the photo and big Left a Right arrows in black space and bottom left the photographer's name. Below the name and Avatar is a link 'Copy Image URL'. This copies the link to the clipboard and you can paste it directly into the thread. If you want a large landscape version of the image you edit the url link by deleting "med_" just like in RFF 1.0. My other choice for this week arrives by pasting into this post directly. Not sure if this will now allow us to post more than three images in our weekly Gallery picks. But next week I will find out....

Elmarman

med_U53203.1677679169.0.jpg

Thank you Keith for your kind comment on my photo :)

And yes, it was your goat with the sleepy eyes that has let me stop and have a closer look everytime I came
along the gallery last week.

med_U5265.1677748471.0.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if monday 6th is included, but this one is just great.
If the last monday, 6th in this case should be included or not has alwyas been a question point for me too!

I think because we all live in different part of the world with different time zones we should be a little flexible in this regard, no need to be too careful about it! Just my opinion.

And yes, Finch's photo is a great one!

It was a great week, with interesting submissions.
Look at this photo by Elmarman, how could we be insensitive to this laughter?

med_U53203.1677679265.0.jpg

and I agree with Keith, this photo by rhl-oregon is well made and we would like to know what is going on here! Bravo Robert

med_U45148.1678062429.2.jpeg

I also like this one for the subject and the framing. And it is a good darkroom work by Elmarman

U53203.1677679361.0.jpg

Back