Gordy straps

oscroft

Mentor
Local time
6:25 AM
I've been thinking of getting some Gordy straps for a while, and it struck me recently that at the current £/$ exchange rate they're an exceptional bargain for us Brits (not that they're expensive anyway - $15 for a wrist strap is a steal).

So I ordered 5 wrist straps, black with white thread, and they arrived today. They're really good - very well made and they feel really strong (though I'm not testing one to destruction :) ). And so you can see how nice they look, I've included a photo of three of them with cameras attached - don't you agree they look really cool? :D

Attachments

• gs.jpg
    gs.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 0
Those do look nice.

I'm also a fan of Gordy's straps. They have a utilitarian beauty in their simplicity and ruggedness. A perfect match for my Canon P. (you can see mine wrapped around my hand in my avatar pic.)

Plus he's a nice guy. Always a bonus.

oscroft said:
I've been thinking of getting some Gordy straps for a while, and it struck me recently that at the current £/$ exchange rate they're an exceptional bargain for us Brits (not that they're expensive anyway - $15 for a wrist strap is a steal).

So I ordered 5 wrist straps, black with white thread, and they arrived today. They're really good - very well made and they feel really strong (though I'm not testing one to destruction :) ). And so you can see how nice they look, I've included a photo of three of them with cameras attached - don't you agree they look really cool? :D
I have one and I am confident that the split ring will fail long before the strap...but maybe after your wrist :D [ah... the ring and wrist not the strap :(

Thanks for the reminder....I need to replace a lost one....anyone here use the UPstrap (neck) for an SLR or RF? I'm curious about the performance...the D200 is a behemoth

I got my second last week. I wish that I had ordered more as I now realise that I much prefer wrist straps to neck straps. Oscroft, they are really cool! - that $15 dollar price includes international delivery - did you get a discount for ordering five?

What do the Gordy wrist straps cost.
The wrist straps are $15 each including postage. You can find prices for other straps at Gordy's site, here.

did you get a discount for ordering five?
Hehe, at such a cheap price I wasn't going to ask - I was more than happy to pay $75 for the five.

The only difficult question I have now is which of my other cameras deserve the remaining two straps - maybe I need to get some more :)

Back