HELP > Coding a Voigtlander lens for an M8

wblati

Local time
4:29 PM
So I am thinking of getting a Voigtlander 21mm or a 25mm and was wondering how do I go about coding it for an M8. Dont know yet if I will be getting an M or LTM mount + adapter.

Thanks in advance.

There are coding charts on line for m lenses. Find best match and code with sharpie pen and see how it works.

If you bought a screw mount, code able lens screw to M adapters available on line. I used GM black and arctic white car paint.

My advice , I have three CV lenses I use for paper weights. Also mount adapters are not Leica quality, some too thick, some uneven, one too thin. Unless you know how to repair and have tools to measure, forget it. But you might be lucky.

If you buy an M mount, find correct or best code, send to DAG for coding after you decide image quality is ok.

The voigtlander 21 in M mount has a groove on the mount that you can use for coding. I used a sharpie and a printed out guide to locate the marks.

I believe I used the code for a 21 3.4 super angulon

Voigt Coding

Voigt Coding

I'm in the same boat. Need to code a Voigt 21mm f/1.8.
I was thinking it would need to be coded to a 28mm for the M8.
No?

You really need to code for full frame camera. What you use may work on M8, not to corners on M9.

If you use car lacquer, easy to redo.

I should have added, it’s terrible without coding.

It’s very good once coded to correct the cyan corners. I’m sure the 25 is a similar situation.

ok - so I just bought a 25mm f4 which already comes with an m adapter. Looks like a generic adapter - will get a closer look once it arrives. Just wondering if I can mark any m adapter with a marker or will I need to get one thats got the holes in or a rayquil (black) / Leica one? Was considering getting a metabones one as it had the holes for putting paint/ marking the code easier but its out of stock everywhere in the uk.

Back