• 0 (What's film?)

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • - (It varies/Don't know)

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • 1-10 (I buy as I go)

Votes: 39 10.8%
  • 11-20 (I have some just in case)

Votes: 62 17.1%
  • 21-50 (There was an empty shelf on the fridge beckoning)

Votes: 83 22.9%
  • 51-100 (My wife/husband/partner gives me the evil eye)

Votes: 77 21.3%
  • 101-200 (I dream of an extra fridge)

Votes: 36 9.9%
  • 201-500 (I just bought an extra fridge)

Votes: 38 10.5%
  • >500 (I'll keep Kodak afloat all by myself)

Votes: 16 4.4%

• Total voters
At any given time 50-100 commercial loads of 35mm and 2000-3500 ft of bulk loads, virtually all B&W that last long past expirations dates. My wife has about another 50-100 MF.

I can see it going over 50 rolls and having to get a separate fridge TBH. I find myself getting rolls of 10 more often these days to keep cost down

About 50 rolls myself - among them, I still have some Agfa Scala in 35 & 120 and a brick of Plus-X I will shoot 📷 someday.

It went down quickly, after I finished the last APS (240 film) rolls and put my Minolta Vectis system on display. The replacement become digital Fuji X cameras and lenses. Still a few rolls ready to use for my RF cameras, when I'm in the mood.

Bottom shelf is nothing but film, and I have a couple other containers on another shelf. Not hoarding, just haven't used it as much as I thought I would.

PF

I just returned to film this month, having been inspired by my daughter who is a first year photography student in college and wanted to shoot film. Will shoot only 35mm as I want my photos to be obviously film with grain and such evident. Also will develop my own B&W as before but will use DD-X for the first time. Never developed color but got Arista's C41 liquid kit which seems to have the identical instructions as the Cinestill kit so I assume they are one and the same with the Arista on sale. The Flic Film water bath contraception seemed like a good idea so that is in the process as well. We have a small commercial type freezer at my work that is solely for my use (the type that I used to open up from the top where they sold ice cream and popsicles from). Awaiting delivery from Negative Supply of their negative scanning kit as I am in California now and cannot waste water from print washers anymore compared to when I was in NJ.

Stocked up on Tri-X x 60 rolls, HP5+ x 50 rolls, FP4+ x 50 rolls, Portra 160 x 50 rolls, and Portra 400 x 50 rolls.

With current film prices and selection available here in the local brick and mortar store, I don't stack up on film just yet. I'll keep an eye out for cheaper stock though..

Back