I need 300 pledges to buy a copy of my Milton Keynes book to be published

Lilserenity

Well-known
Local time
6:50 PM
Hiya,

I thought this might be worth posting here given I have mentioned about my project a few times on here and received some good feedback. Well the time has come, I have a chance of it being published.

I need to demonstrate to the publisher that I can sell 300 copies of the book (or as near as that), so far despite only pushing this out slowly the target is currently 207 to go! That has been from the past 2 days, still some way to go but I am hopeful I will make it.

I don't stand to make any money at all on this (unless I sell more than 300), all I want to do is get this book out there, and hopefully have the chance to take it from there to a wider audience, and have the chance to use this as a platform to build future works on.

There is no money involved at this stage but the expected retail price for the 250 page book is £10.

If you would like to register for 1 or more copies of the book I would be ever so grateful. You can do so on-line on my website I am slowly building up:

Pre register for book -- again you don't have to pay for it now, that will come later. All I need you to do is to pop your name, email and number of copies you'd like down, so I can use this as the proof. I will use your email on the rare occasion to keep you informed of progress, e.g. target reached, launch details etc.

The book will be available on-line (e.g. Amazon, my website), via Waterstones and other resellers in Milton Keynes and there would also be a book launch in MK as well as either Brighton or Worthing. So you don't have to be in the UK, there will be on-line retailers.

If you would like to see some more of the kind of thing that will be in the book a selection, albeit a large selection of many pictures are on my Flickrstream:

Impression Milton Keynes - Flickr Set

Anyway, I won't be offended if you can't or don't really want a copy of the book, it's a steep target for an unpublished peep but I'm optimistic over the coming weeks I should meet that, if not, then get close!

Thank you ever so much, my fingers are crossed :D
Vicky

Is the book only going to be released by the publisher in the UK or is there a way to get it here in the states?

Amazon and also I'll be running a secure ordering system on the website. It will have an ISBN and I know the above will happen, as to what would happen if you went to your bookstore and say "I want this xxx xxx ISBN" -- I have no idea :) But I do know that you'll be able to get it on-line.

Vicky

Thanks guys I really appreciate it! Still some way to go but I am being positive and will be working very hard to drum up interest!

FWIW , I've followed this project for over a year. It's one of those things I think should be done. I've confirmed elsewhere on the net for this one but all the help it can get is well deserved.

Done ... only 199 to go !

I did have a quick look at the images on Flickr first ... very nice work :)

You can count me in Vicky ... I've just registered. :)

Thanks to my own recent experience I've realised what an incredibly valuable and supportive community this is ... I'm sure we can get Vicky over the line here.

FWIW , I've followed this project for over a year. It's one of those things I think should be done. I've confirmed elsewhere on the net for this one but all the help it can get is well deserved.

Wow Jan, that's a super nice thing to say. *scratches behind ear* Just taking some snaps of things that interest me, and just buzzing that other people also enjoy looking at the same things. A baptism of fire this project but I hope in 20-30 years I can look back on this as my foundation.

Done ... only 199 to go !

I did have a quick look at the images on Flickr first ... very nice work :)

Thank you :) As I enhance the website a book preview will appear, and maybe some more pictures but after the book comes out most of them will be taken off-line or watermarked.

Wonderful to see such far flung interest! :)

Thanks again,
Vicky

You can count me in Vicky ... I've just registered. :)

Thanks to my own recent experience I've realised what an incredibly valuable and supportive community this is ... I'm sure we can get Vicky over the line here.

Aww that's good to hear, I'm only posting this to places where I have had some discussions about the project before, rather than plastering it across loads of forums where I have never engaged in before, e.g. dpreview. It's a steady roll out and then hopefully I might be able to get a couple of local papers on the act too!

Thanks Keith,
Vicky

I have followed your project and enjoyed the images from it you have posted here. The chance to own a hard copy of the project is not one to be missed so I have signed up as well . Good work Vicky

Chris

Vicky, sign me up for a copy too. Let me know how and when to pay (Paypal?). Great work too.
Tom

Back