back alley

IMAGES
Local time
4:19 PM
8248222028_f9be46f197_c.jpg

Shots taken with 18-55 Zoom on Fuji XE1. Some shots taken at the Alameda County Fair the other day. Been a while since I used my Fuji...

_DSF1208.jpg

_DSF1215.jpg

_DSF1294.jpg

Gary

What's the general consensus on this lens from those of you that have one?

I have the 35 f/1.4 and 18 f/2 which work very well for my general purposes, I don't like to carry around too many lenses and these work best for my eye. However, it would be useful to have something with a little longer focal length and the thought of a little kit zoom as part of a travel set sounds like a good idea.

I have heard some say at 18mm it out performs the 18mm f/2, which would surprise me but hey, Fuji are full of surprises.

I use the 35 much more then any other lens on the Fuji.. The 18-55 zoom is sooo much better than your standard kit zooms from Sony, Nikon or Canon. I really don't use the zoom that much, I prefer to use two bodies and two lenses, but since I was w/ my wife at the fair, I decided to use the zoom.

Gary

the 18-55 is an excellent lens and if i liked to use zooms i would have kept mine.
it's a great lens for a one lens kit, walkaround lens...

Fantastic lens. I have preferred primes to zooms in the past, but the flexibility of this lens, including the image stabilization, make it a no-brainer. I may add the upcoming 27mm to my kit for ultimate portability, but you won't go wrong with the 18-55 if you pick it up.

Shame, I'd have preferred (well my wallet would have preferred) to hear that it was a little bit ropey.

I'm thinking the zoom, a 35mm equivalent and I'm done...though a spare body will be on the cards at some point, perhaps the XP1 will be my spare and a new XP2(?) will be my main camera.

Europe 2013

Europe 2013

Been away from RFF for far too long. Went to Europe this summer to celebrate my daughter's quince (sweet 15) - she wisely chose a 3 week trip abroad over a massive party. I shot the entire trip with a Fuji X-E1 + 18-55mm kit lens (stellar combo!).

Here's the tool of choice:

My Fuji X-E1 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

and a couple of my favorites:

St. Mark's after Dark by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Liechtenstein by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Neuschwanstein Castle by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

and here is the link to the set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/echenique/sets/72157634637936679/

(ignore this crap)

.tmid_modified { background: #E4F1FD !important; border: 1px solid #3385D6 !important; } .tmid_modifying { background: #E4F1FD !important; }

Back