9327314091_e9506a4a1a_c.jpg

af speed seems ok, really about the same as the 35...image quality is very good...i'm trying not to compare with the 35...
the only thing that i don't like is that it does not focus as close as the 35 or the 18...only by a bit less but noticable when i want it.

bonus points...the xe1/27 fits into my tiny terraclime 50 bag...same as my former rx100!
and at the end of my 66 inch lance strap it fits nicely...low and against my hip carried across my shoulder.

it's a winner for me...the biggest surprise/'issue' is getting used to the 40mm fov as i got very used to the 35's 50mm fov...i know, small difference but noticeable for me...i like it better for working in a crowd than using the 35!

Crisp clean and sharp Joe.
The tomato shot looks very digital to me. Where do you leave the in camera sharpening default?
Maybe it's just how contrasty the flat velvety green stems are over the shiny red orbs of the fruit.

You must be stoked. It's everything you could have hoped for. Can you post an image lens on your XE1?

Crisp clean and sharp Joe.
The tomato shot looks very digital to me. Where do you leave the in camera sharpening default?
Maybe it's just how contrasty the flat velvety green stems are over the shiny red orbs of the fruit.

You must be stoked. It's everything you could have hoped for. Can you post an image lens on your XE1?

all camera settings at standard/factory set to 0...

i can't tell what a digital image looks like...these are how i post process pretty much everything these days...very minimal.

The image quality in this one is extremely fine, Joe. The b&w conversion works really well with that file. Can you tell me more about how you converted the file? Or is it straight out of the camera? If so, which settings? Thanks.

jpeg
ps elements
slight cropping
convert to b&w...using urban/snapshot setting in pse
adjust levels by eye
gentle unsharp mask

Back