Bike Tourist

Well-known
Local time
3:20 PM
First images with new 90mm f2 used with X-Pro1:

U3829I1437590199.SEQ.0.jpg

U3829I1437590199.SEQ.1.jpg

Hi Dick

These look promising. How is the lens on the Xpro1 ?
I'm curious about the focus smoothness and action.
Is it loud and searching like the 35 or super smooth and silent like the 18-55 zoom ?
Thanks

Hi Dick

These look promising. How is the lens on the Xpro1 ?
I'm curious about the focus smoothness and action.
Is it loud and searching like the 35 or super smooth and silent like the 18-55 zoom ?
Thanks

It's very good on the X-Pro1 for me. The EVF is brought up when the lens is mounted. It may be a little loud and searching at times, but I never would have noticed if I hadn't read about it in advance. I also read that, when shaken, the lens makes a clunking noise until the camera is powered on. That's also true, but who goes around shaking their camera lens? The images produced are great — also as advertised. I guess you could say everything you've read about the lens is true!

Details

Details

I really love the XF90 for details, it is tack sharp and can have this sort of painterly quality to it when the light is handled just right.
A bit of a beast when mounted on the X-Pro 1 though!

I traded in some more old camera equipment (goodbye SD1 Merrill :( ) and walked out of the store with a brand new Fujinon XF 90mm f2 lens. Then I took a walk about Yokohama with the lens mounted on my Fujifilm X-H1.

DSCF0252.JPG

DSCF0253.JPG

DSCF0254.JPG

Fujifilm X-H1
Fujinon XF 90mm f2 R WR lens
Astia film simulation
Yokohama, Japan - Dec 2020

All the best,
Mike

Back