It's Red Oktober 2021!

farlymac

PF McFarland
Local time
1:09 PM
Post this years photos taken with FSU cameras and lenses no matter what the combination is, just as long as they were taken in October, 2021

PF

Unable to upload some ISKRA and Zorki 6 photos.

This error message always come in the way, (even with photos under 100 kB)

Upload failed. You have exceeded the forum's upload quota of 2.91 MB by 2.26 MB.

I tried some aproaches sugested in scattered posts, but with no results.
I tried to upload from a web-sharing site, from the RFF Gallery and from my desktop.. I can upload to the Gallery - but not to the threads.

I wish there was a " RFF User's Manual "

Any help will be much apreciated.

Regards
Joao

Unable to upload some ISKRA and Zorki 6 photos.

This error message always come in the way, (even with photos under 100 kB)

Upload failed. You have exceeded the forum's upload quota of 2.91 MB by 2.26 MB.

I tried some aproaches sugested in scattered posts, but with no results.
I tried to upload from a web-sharing site, from the RFF Gallery and from my desktop.. I can upload to the Gallery - but not to the threads.

I wish there was a " RFF User's Manual "

Any help will be much apreciated.

Regards
Joao

Well, the site is still under construction, so after they get it fixed you can upload your images. It's not a requirement that they be posted during the month of October, 2021, just taken during that time. I only ask that folks post their photos to the thread appropriate to the year their photos were taken, not just dump them in any thread they come across.

PF

I use Flickr, hit the send button and copy the BBCode. Then I paste it here.

Thank you Neal.
I used the "fotki.com" to share my photos in the past. It is similar to Flickr and worked fine with the old RFF site (the procedure was as you describe). Now it does not work...
I will keep trying and expect some fine-tunning in the uploading process. Great improvements were made in the new RFF (and I am grateful for that) and I am sure that this will also be solved.
Regards
Joao

CT211008.jpg

CT211010.jpg

CT211015.jpg

Despite that I had totally forgotten about Red October, I did actually shoot something FSU-related.
German "Kiev-2" copy :D (Zeiss Contax II), with KMZ 35mm f/2.8 Jupiter-12.

My Kiev 4 has just returned from Oleg, he put a new slenium cell in it. So this roll of Rollei Blackbird is shot with the internal light meter, seems to work just fine. It was a grey and dark morning, so these are shot at aperture 4.0 or larger.

Kiev 4 / Jupiter 3 / Rollei Blackbird in Adox FX-39 II

med_U73354.1634813095.0.jpg

med_U73354.1634813095.2.jpg

med_U73354.1634813095.1.jpg

I finally managed to upload photos, this time from Flickr - but not from my other web-posting site (Fotki.com). I don't know why, in the past it worked quite well...
Well at least for now the problem is solved.
Some more photos to be uploaded soon.

Joao

Got to playing around with a Fotasy LM-N/Z adapter, a Jupiter-8 50/2, and a Nikon Z50. Not a big fan of FX lenses on a DX camera, but it worked for now. Will have to see if I can mount a J-12 next.

Recovery
My balcony flowers two days after I returned from a week in Indiana. They were so dry I could have crumbled them up to make some fake oregano.

Recovery by P F McFarland, on Flickr

The lash-up
Nikon Z50, Jupiter-8 5cm 1:2, Fotasy LM-N/Z adapter, and Peak Design earrings.

Nikon Z50 with Jupiter-8 5cm 1:2 by P F McFarland, on Flickr

If the new site allows follow back clicks you can see these in enlarged view on Flickr

PF

Nope, the click back to Flickr doesn't work anymore, and the enlarge feature on RFF doesn't give a good enough magnification. So here's a link to the album on Flickr.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmX4Grj9

Back