Kamerakraft...Good stuff

farlymac

PF McFarland
Local time
2:30 AM
Okay, I just succumbed to the call of the bling. But it's for a good reason, mainly being that no one else has produced the product that I just purchased. It's a grip for my M4-P made by Kamerakraft in France, the LMGRIP V3.0. Vincent Bihler makes accessories for Leica cameras on a limited run basis, and I missed out on his first design because it was made for the digital M10 bodies. But the V3.0 is for the film M's (except the M5), and I really like what he has done with it. It doesn't replace the bottom plate, but attaches via the tripod mount hole, adding a new mounting hole more in line with the center of the lens. However, it also sports an ARCA standard tripod lock rail for those of us with that style of tripod head. And it's just a thing of beauty.
https://leicarumors.com/2022/03/06/...grip-v3-0-grip-for-leica-m-film-cameras.aspx/
I must have been lucky as he mailed it the same day I ordered. I don't know how many of these are made, but they do seem to be popular as the M10 model sold out really quick.

PF

Okay, I just succumbed to the call of the bling. But it's for a good reason, mainly being that no one else has produced the product that I just purchased. It's a grip for my M4-P made by Kamerakraft in France, the LMGRIP V3.0. Vincent Bihler makes accessories for Leica cameras on a limited run basis, and I missed out on his first design because it was made for the digital M10 bodies. But the V3.0 is for the film M's (except the M5), and I really like what he has done with it. It doesn't replace the bottom plate, but attaches via the tripod mount hole, adding a new mounting hole more in line with the center of the lens. However, it also sports an ARCA standard tripod lock rail for those of us with that style of tripod head. And it's just a thing of beauty.
https://leicarumors.com/2022/03/06/...grip-v3-0-grip-for-leica-m-film-cameras.aspx/
I must have been lucky as he mailed it the same day I ordered. I don't know how many of these are made, but they do seem to be popular as the M10 model sold out really quick.

PF

That was calling to me also, with the price tag being the only thing holding me back. It’s worth it though?

That was calling to me also, with the price tag being the only thing holding me back. It’s worth it though?

I decided to splurge for St Patrick's Day. :cool:

Retro-Grouch said:
Uh-oh, GAS attack....

They don't come as often anymore.

splitimageview said:
The Metro Case grip for M and LTM has been around for a few years, much lighter and has a centered tripod screw as well as arca quick release. Clearance for self-timer too. http://www.metro-case.com/grips/leicam

I now remember seeing that some time ago, but the design is not to my liking. Not concerned about the self timer clearance either as the M4-P doesn't have one.

PF

I mailed Vincent a while back about making a version for Leica IIIC / F / G, he said he was working on it. Hopefully that's still in the works.

Back