Kentmere 400, latest samples

@dourbalistar, it looks like you were recently in Taiwan. I hope not during the Hualien earthquake. I am planning on shooting some Kentmere 400 and am wondering if you have tried it in D-76? You prefer the concentrated L110 or HC-110 developers with this film? Great to see you are shooting so much. A real inspiration to shoot more film! Thanks, Will

@dourbalistar, it looks like you were recently in Taiwan. I hope not during the Hualien earthquake. I am planning on shooting some Kentmere 400 and am wondering if you have tried it in D-76? You prefer the concentrated L110 or HC-110 developers with this film? Great to see you are shooting so much. A real inspiration to shoot more film! Thanks, Will
@WJJ3, thank you for the kind words! We were in Taiwan last November, so thankfully not during the earthquake. We did spend a few days in Hualien and Taroko Gorge, so it was quite shocking to see the earthquake destruction, particularly in Hualien.

LegacyPro L110 has been my primary developer the last few years. I currently don't have/use any other developers, though I have used Compard R09 (a Rodinal clone) in the past for other B&W film. I haven't searched the whole thread, but there may be other members up-thread who have used D-76?

@WJJ3, thank you for the kind words! We were in Taiwan last November, so thankfully not during the earthquake. We did spend a few days in Hualien and Taroko Gorge, so it was quite shocking to see the earthquake destruction, particularly in Hualien.

LegacyPro L110 has been my primary developer the last few years. I currently don't have/use any other developers, though I have used Compard R09 (a Rodinal clone) in the past for other B&W film. I haven't searched the whole thread, but there may be other members up-thread who have used D-76?
Taroko Gorge is beautiful! I was fortunate to visit there in 2010.

Thanks for your info about developers. I'll do some searches to see what others are reporting about Kentmere 400 in different developers.

Taroko Gorge is beautiful! I was fortunate to visit there in 2010.

Thanks for your info about developers. I'll do some searches to see what others are reporting about Kentmere 400 in different developers.
Yes, an amazing place, wish we could have spent more time there. My wife and I were also there in late 2010 (pre-kids). This time we brought our two kids. The town of Hualien changed quite a bit between 2010 and 2023.

I tried to search this thread for "D-76", but the search string is too short for the forum. You might check some of the results with D-76 at FilmDev:

Back