Konica Auto-Reflex P Half/Full Frame

I own one of these, it's my second as the first one failed after a few years of use. I like the mechanical shutter and meter-less aspect of them - not unlike the Nikon F, but perhaps not quite as well made, but certainly a respectible effort. There are tons of nice Konica AR mount lenses still around too, from Konica and many other aftermarket lens makers from the 60's and 70's. It's a beautiful camera, but most are in Japan and a little pricey these days. I usually use it in full frame mode, but I may tinker with half frame soon.

I have the one with the meter and used it a fair bit when I got it though not recently but really liked it. The first thing I noticed when I got it was the 'clang' from the shutter ... it caught me by surprise! I used mine for making diptychs and triptychs when I got it ... actually on the negative!
How is the meter for accuracy?
Great triptych by the way!

How is the meter for accuracy?
Great triptych by the way!

I don't think I used it from memory. It's been a long time since I used that camera and when I did I used a hand held meter ... in fact I can't even remember where it is! lol

Back