Latest Sports Action Camera from Argus

Timmyjoe

Mentor
Local time
1:27 AM
Most folks wouldn't choose a 1954 rangefinder, with separate focus and viewing eyepieces, as a sports action camera.

MyArgusC3.jpg

But after the rebuild was finished, I thought I'd load it up with some Double XX and take it out for a spin last night at a women's High School basketball game. It actually didn't do such a bad job.

ArgusC3a.jpg

ArgusC3b.jpg

ArgusC3c.jpg

Best,
-Tim

Looks like you cleaned it up well. I bet you got a lot of questions with that camera. Anybody ask to seen the view screen? :p

^^^ :)
The picture has got my Gear Acquisition Syndrome twitching. I had a C4 for a while, which I liked, and I like the idea of the classic 'brick'. Hmm, shipping cost though ... but worth a look.

Looks like you cleaned it up well. I bet you got a lot of questions with that camera. Anybody ask to seen the view screen? :p

It turned out that my boss was at the game shooting (I was assigned the boys game following this one), and we had some good laughs about the little brick. Otherwise, like usual when I'm shooting HS sports, most folks completely ignored me.

Best,
-Tim

I love the C3's big time. I am lucky enough to own one that has been serviced. I also have taken some good shots with it and even managed to pick up half an EverReady case. Also have an A2b in similar shape and its lightmeter is the coolest thing ever and actually works.
31346772820_05d64ae39c_b.jpg
30878233624_c2c9c43088_b.jpg
31604240421_df96320e1e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Were you using that wide-angle sandmar with the stock viewfinder? I've had the sandmar lens for a while now, but haven't tested it. I think I have the clip-on VF as well.

Back