Leica M10 first inpressions

Alex Krasotkin

Well-known
Local time
3:18 AM
Finally bought Leica M10. All is above expectations. Speed, ISO , shutter and ergonomics! One thing I noticed that JPEG files are a little bit different to compare with M9 (which is more looks like a slide film). Can anyone recommentd newest plagins to enhance the picture to film like?

best regards,
Alex

If you're used to the M9 or any sensor of that generation, you're used to higher contrast. The newer sensor of the M10 has a larger dynamic range, but the dynamic range of your monitor remains the same, ergo the contrast in the picture is lower by default. So your first step in approaching the look you're used to is increasing the contrast. That is with raw files; jpegs or presets in a raw converter might have a contrast increase baked in.
I'd do it with the "levels" or the "curves" tool. Sorry, can't help with presets or plugins.

I have been trying out several lenses with my M10, and I see rich colors when using modern lenses. Choice of lenses can also add punch to the M10 images. I would add some contrast in LR or PS.

Back