Leica Watch: an M6 in the movie "Big Fish"

SolaresLarrave

My M5s need red dots!
Local time
5:22 PM
It appears twice, with a certain prominence. Supposedly, Josephine (character's name), a French photojournalist married to Billy Crudup's character, even publishes occasional photos in "Newsweek." Ha! :rolleyes:

I wonder if this was an effective Leica product placement, or if it was the producer's decision: you know, European, fancy photojournalists of course carry Leicas around...

Incidentally, the movie is most satisfying! :D

Anyone knows of other cases of rangefinders in the movies (aside from "Pecker", of course)?:confused:

There was a big thread about that over at photo.net in the Leica forum by some of the worst Leica-freaks there :)

I just learned about it... and saw the date: Dec. 27. I wasn't in town back then, but abroad, in California. I guess that's the best excuse I can come up with... :(

I believe the photojournalist in The Wieght of Water used a Leica. I noticed the camera in a scene when the characters were on a boat sailing to Maine I believe. At the time the journalist was photographing Elizabeth Hurley, and suddenly the camera being used became less important.

I think there is a lesson in this for us. If we have a wonderful subject, and any bit of photographic ability, you can get the shot with a Fuji disposable camera.

So, who knows some good Elizabeth Hurley films?

'Under Fire' with Nick Nolte as a photojournalist in Somoza's Nicaragua. He's carrying a black M4-2 together with a Nikon F2 Photomic and motor drive.

Both cameras are clearly visible in the dvd cover :D, and btw the movie is pretty good and worth watching.

The Anniversary Party. A very good independent film. Jennifer Beals has a small role as a photographer and she is shooting with a Leica, doing candids at said party.

...lars

I can't recall the name of the movie, but the mail lead(whose name I also can't remember. senior moment) uses a camera obscura to spy on his girlfriend and her new love, who is Meg Ryan's ex, in the next apartment in New York. meg Ryan plays a photojournalist who uses a chrome M complete with flash and SLR motor drive sound effects.

Trying to recall the name of the movie and the mail lead will now haunt me.

Gerry

Flinor said:
I can't recall the name of the movie, but the mail lead(whose name I also can't remember. senior moment) uses a camera obscura to spy on his girlfriend and her new love, who is Meg Ryan's ex, in the next apartment in New York. meg Ryan plays a photojournalist

Male lead was Matthew Broderick, movie was Addicted to Love.

...lars

Back