Lens Hacking EXTREME!

> I'd presume that the narrow throat of the Nikon could hold the lens tube from a collapsible Summicron, but not any later one.

The Type I, Dual-Range, and Type II Rigid Summicron have a lens module that is made to unscrew from the focus mount and be used with a Bellows. I bought two of the bellows adapters for the lens module, with the intent of fixing them in a Helios-103 mount. Next month's project.

Brian Sweeney said:
I should add that I've cleaned three of Harry's Canon Rear Ends. They cleaned up nicely.
Speaking of (not Harry's), it looks like my Canon 50 f/1.2 is ready for its haze cleaning. Will the Master show us the way?

And to stay on topic: could a Zeiss-Opton Sonnar 50/1.5 be hacked into an LTM mount? :D

That ZO-Sonnar question. I looked at mine, and the set screws would have to be drilled out. I am not doing that. I have another one coming in, that does not focus correctly on a Kiev or Nikon. It will be the test case to see if the Zeiss-Opton fits a J-3 mount. If not, I'll be looking for a Zeiss-Jena lens.

The 50/1.2 is fairly easy to access. You do need an optical spanner. The lens module comes out of the helical by removing the retaining ring from the back. It is just inside the RF coupling. The module dropes out, and the rear module simply unscrews from the main optics module. I used a hollow rubber grommet.

Back