Let's see your Leica M

It's here! It's here!

It's here! It's here!

The MP arrived today, a day early! Too bad I can't go shooting right now, its a beautiful day, but I'm working on a paper right now. :(

Also, sorry in advance to the purists, thats a Zeiss 50/1.5 C Sonnar ZM. ;)

Attachments

• MP.JPG
    MP.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 2
KM-25 said:
I would have to get a .85 body for that, the way anything over a 50 looks in the VF looks strange and too far away for me.

Try the x1.25 magnifier. it works really well.

HL

kyle said:
The MP arrived today, a day early! Too bad I can't go shooting right now, its a beautiful day, but I'm working on a paper right now. :(

Also, sorry in advance to the purists, thats a Zeiss 50/1.5 C Sonnar ZM. ;)

gratulation, seems to be a used on?

Take these moments and put them in a box,
or on a film,
or in a rff forum.

Handle with care,
but use it.

Now there's nothing more to buy,
only some lenses, but no other body.

martin-f5 said:
gratulation, seems to be a used on?

Take these moments and put them in a box,
or on a film,
or in a rff forum.

Handle with care,
but use it.

Now there's nothing more to buy,
only some lenses, but no other body.

Yes, it is used. The original owner had it a year, claims he only put 3 rolls through it. It shows nearly no use (only one or two very light scratches you can only see in the right light, and some fingerprints).

I plan to use this camera extensively. I bought it with the intent that it will be the last camera I'll ever need. I'm going to use it, not baby it (but at the same time, I won't abuse it, either). I'm set now on lenses, the only thing I think I'll ever be tempted to do is switch to all Leica lenses, but I'm very happy with what I have now (and can't afford anything else).

Interesting. The Sonnar is a little bigger than I had expected.

Its a deceiving angle. The lens is a bit fat, but I don't think its that big. I took some side by side size comparisons with this lens and the 50/2 ZM in the following thread

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29891

Both or one by one, I had really nice offer on MP and M7 and honestly I don`t know if I will prefer viewfinder of leicas over Zeiss ikon, I think my second body will be bessa R4A (not because I don`t like leicas, I love them, but what I really need is second body, and R4 sounds exactly what I want, a rangefinder camera that has 28mm frame lines and you space around to see what you are composing), as for 25 ZM I don`t even know what could you buy instead of this magic lens! 24 elmarit? good luck :D

Last edited:
My two M´s at the moment with the lens-combo of the month ;)

Chrome M6 (92) with Nokton 35mm 1,2 and Ilford Delta 3200, and my all carry around, Black M6 (85) with a 2nd gen 50mm elmar, always with Kodak BW400CN.
Actually i prefer the chrome with the Rigid summicron and the black one with my 28mm elmarit (3rd gen) .. so next month back to basic again ..

All together in a Lowepro stealth reporter 200 AW :)

vha

Attachments

• m6_vha.jpg
    m6_vha.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 0
Nachkebia said:
as for 25 ZM I don`t even know what could you buy instead of this magic lens! 24 elmarit? good luck :D

The Biogon 25 is a great lens (your photos prove as much). But the Elmarit 24 is also very special.

Here's mine

Here's mine

leica_bw.jpg
M3 SS, meter works good and is only a 1/2 stop under from my L 308S, ML Grip and MP Winder from PhotoEquip(I highly recommend 'em), 50mm DR Summicron, Bug-eyed Summaron f/ 3.5 35mm, Elmar f/4 90mm, Domke Strap.​

I for see a MP ala carte in the VERY near future.​

Last edited:
This is fun!
My new M6 Weitzlar with 50 Summicron and hood, and M4 with CV Ultron 35. Some Mamiya TLRs as a backdrop.

Attachments

• ms.jpg
    ms.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 1
telenous said:
The Biogon 25 is a great lens (your photos prove as much). But the Elmarit 24 is also very special.

Indeed it will be very special, most probably more special then biogon but For $2,895.00 :D
As for been mad! I love you too! :D

Nachkebia said:
Indeed it will be very special, most probably more special then biogon but For $2,895.00 :D

Agreed. Sean Reid has reviewed both lenses; the optical differences are very subtle; the price difference not so.

As for been mad! I love you too! :D

Hey - it's the artistic sort of madness :p :)

All the best as always,

That's not a Panda- they have black controls on a chrome top. I read somewhere that the M6's that omit the Leica name on the front were made for a short period after the factory moved from Wetzlar to Solms and Leitz was out of the picture. It seems somebody thought having the name Leica appear twice on the front (since the red dot would now read Leica instead of Leitz, as before) was superfluous. I don't know how many were produced like this, or why or when they went back to the "Leica M6" marking, or even how much of this story is accurate, but there it is. BTW, Some nice looking cameras here. Maybe I need to take some shots of my M3's. One wears a nice black lizard skin from CameraLeather, and the other is rough and tumble crumbling vulcanite, and will probably get a new suit soon.

Back