Let's see your Leica M

Two weeks ago, before i before I flew to my wife (geologist) in Rhodes to accompany her and her team there for documentary purposes.
(The Ultron II + LH-12 matches pretty well with a silver M, doesn't it?)

That’s a nice watch. Do you have more photos of it?

Have not been on rangefinder forum in a year or year and a half and looking at this thread is not good for the budget. I have a mint 50th anniversary M4 and thinking about another film body but my usage does not justify another. My two favorite film bodies are the M2 and M4 but have been looking at both the MA and MP for something newer. However, the M2 may be the best film M ever, in my opinion. I think the double frame lines in the newer Leicas are why I sold all of them. I can tolerate the 135 in the 35mm field on the M4 but just barely.

It is great to see so many lovely cameras and to belong to such an active fetish group!

Have not been on rangefinder forum in a year or year and a half and looking at this thread is not good for the budget. I have a mint 50th anniversary M4 and thinking about another film body but my usage does not justify another. My two favorite film bodies are the M2 and M4 but have been looking at both the MA and MP for something newer. However, the M2 may be the best film M ever, in my opinion. I think the double frame lines in the newer Leicas are why I sold all of them. I can tolerate the 135 in the 35mm field on the M4 but just barely.

It is great to see so many lovely cameras and to belong to such an active fetish group!
KTM - Good to see you. Find a place on RFF to show us some photos of your travels and bring us up to date!

Hi KTM ... been a while. :D
The viewfinder is why I like my first production batch M4-2 so much... It's identical to the M4 viewfinder, which works perfectly for my eyes and needs.

Contributing photos of Leica Ms... here are beauty shots of my Leica M10 Monochrom fitted with the latest Voigtländer Color-Skopar 21mm f/3.5:

enjoy, G

My M4-2 fitted with M-A wind and frameline preview levers, M4-P framelines and a wonderful pair of LLL lenses.

52484291193_cd6bdef05c_c.jpg

Finally got my Leica M3 back from Cameraworks-UK. I love this camera and while it's not as desirable as the original black paint cameras in this thread are, it's probably a much better shooter.

Repainted in Gloss Black Cerakote, with a matching Canon 50mm 1.5 LTM.
Re-cemented prism with lovely rangefinder contrast.
AR-coated rangefinder window.
Rapid Load Kit installed.

This project took very long to finish, the prism cracked while they refurbished it, so another M3 prism had to be sourced. In the end, James installed the immaculate prism from his personal M3. So while the waiting time is very long and their communication leaves room for improvement, Alan and James went out of their way to make sure I get the camera I envisioned: future proof and beautiful. It's a shame Brexit has made it much more complicated to deal with them. Import taxes and fees are wild, very difficult to maneuver for such a small operation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9763.jpg Views:	0 Size:	254.6 KB ID:	4812707

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9760.jpg Views:	0 Size:	239.6 KB ID:	4812708

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9762.jpg Views:	0 Size:	261.6 KB ID:	4812709

Finally got my Leica M3 back from Cameraworks-UK. I love this camera and while it's not as desirable as the original black paint cameras in this thread are, it's probably a much better shooter.

Repainted in Gloss Black Cerakote, with a matching Canon 50mm 1.5 LTM.
Re-cemented prism with lovely rangefinder contrast.
AR-coated rangefinder window.
Rapid Load Kit installed.

This project took very long to finish, the prism cracked while they refurbished it, so another M3 prism had to be sourced. In the end, James installed the immaculate prism from his personal M3. So while the waiting time is very long and their communication leaves room for improvement, Alan and James went out of their way to make sure I get the camera I envisioned: future proof and beautiful. It's a shame Brexit has made it much more complicated to deal with them. Import taxes and fees are wild, very difficult to maneuver for such a small operation.

Alan and James are tops! They painted several cameras for me, and also a 50/1.5 Canon Sonnar. And a 35/2.8 Summaron.

An M5 two lug I acquired here on RFF a while back, sporting a 35/2.5 Nikkor S-mount, via Amedeo adapter

Needs replacement vulcanite, but otherwise in perfect working order with a gorgeous viewfinder. DAG serviced it and converted to 1.5v batteries.

IMG_5066.jpg

Back