let's see your yashica rf

Ready to go...!

Ready to go...!

I own this camera since early 2000's. It was a gift from an old man who knew my photographic passion. I tested it, it worked...and then left it on the shelf....
Actually I'm back to film photography after >10 years of digital and (as you can see below in my signature) G.A.S. hit me hard.... :angel:
I saw (here and on Flickr) a lot of great shots made with this camera but unfortunately, mine didn't work as the old mercury battery was out of order(but still inside).
Finally, yesterday arrived the adapter for the new batteries... and everything seems to work fine.
So, I'm ready to go for the new life of this great camera... :D

med_U62560I1420717646.SEQ.0.jpg

My Cams, the Canon was my first, haven't shot with it in forever... And I just got the Yashica, been shooting with the sunny 16 method here in El Paso. I haven't developed a roll yet but I hop it all comes out..

Attachments

• yashicaNmazda 500x500.jpg
    yashicaNmazda 500x500.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
  • canon yashica 500x500.jpg
    canon yashica 500x500.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 0
Just CLA'ed

Just CLA'ed

My recent addition, just CLA'ed. I just cannot resist the black Yashica's. Had to add just another one to the collection :D.

21038725421_8a992f0abd_k.jpg

The GL is to me a better handling model than the original G series, especially with the meter cell inside the filter ring for instant compensation.

PF
I just bought a GL and even though it's similar to the GSN, I like it so much more. I like the meter placement, the fact that the ASA setting goes up to 1600, the 40mm focal length (versus the GSN's 45mm) and that it's slightly smaller, but the thing that clinched it is that it's better balanced than the GSN. The GSN has too little weight in the body to compensate for the weight of the lens, in my opinion. The GL has more weight in the body and just handles better.

Back