Looking for PHOTOSHOP.

G

I have crashed my main PC and am getting a new one. I want a PHOTOSHOP for working with scanned film negatives and digital files, that I can then print.
What is the best PHOTOSHOP out there now boys and girls.
Thank you for the help.

Are you asking about post processing software? Photoshop is a particular program and is probably the best there is but is somewhat complicated for the novice user. Lightroom which will come with it in the Creative Cloud subscription program is much easier to use and will aid in organizing your photos. You don't mention which platform you are on, Mac or PC. Macs will come with a native program called Photos which isn't too bad. Otherwise there are more flavors than Baskin/Robbins out there.

If you are looking for post processing software and are running a windows platform I'd recommend ACDSee Pro. No cloud subscription, does everything Lightroom does and is quite intuitive.

Been on PS for ten years. Tried LR 4 times, each was a disaster. Maybe can't teach an old dog a new trick, but that catalog stuff is pure garbage. Development module is same as ACR but much more limited. I can do that, but why?

I have crashed my main PC and am getting a new one. I want a PHOTOSHOP for working with scanned film negatives and digital files, that I can then print.
What is the best PHOTOSHOP out there now boys and girls.
Thank you for the help.

"Best" is a value judgement that only you can make. There is no such thing as a universal "best". Everyone has there own criteria, whether we're talking about software or brick-and-mortar camera shops.

Assuming that by "PHOTOSHOP" you mean "photography orientated bitmap editor" then, the "industry standard" and most powerful overall is Adobe Photoshop CC 2018. This is a complex application that is available only by subscription directly from Adobe. Adobe also sells a lightweight application called Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 that has most of the functions that most amateur photographers need and is sold as a classic perpetual license application rather than by subscription.

Adobe also has their Lightroom series, current top-of-the-line version is Adobe Lightroom Classic CC 2018, which is sold only by subscription. Lr doesn't have pixel level editing, but is a very powerful non-destructive image processor and library manager.

There are also quite a number of competing products from other manufacturers, both of the Ps series and the Lr series. Every individual photographer should review the features and functions of these to see which fits their personal needs.

Personally, I'm a big Ps and Lr user. At work, I need all of the power of both. At home for my personal photography, I don't need most of the functionality of either and continue to use both, albeit older discontinued perpetual license versions of each.

Back