M10 + M9 combo? Considerations

Alex Krasotkin

Well-known
Local time
2:26 AM
Guys,

I recently bought Leica M10 (in the process of delivery). But strongly consider to keep my beloved M9 with a new sensor (I have seen the prices have gone up recently for those with upgraded sensor). I especially love it for like-Kodak slidefilm colour.
I assume that M10 will give me an additional ISO capability since I often shoot in the dark interiors like churches (M9 ISO 800 is not enough) and live view mode (I also consider to buy Visoflex viewfinder) . I want to use it primarily to shoot flowers with Noctilux and macro adaptors and portraits, in addition I consider to buy M42 adaptor to shoot with M42 lenses like monocles and German made Meyer-Optic lenses.

What do you think? Does anyone work with this combo?

many thanks,
Alex

Raid is using both M10 and M9 (and even M8). Sure, why not have both? The 90mm Macro-Elmar might be a good choice for flowers. (Although I get the best results with a D700 and 55mm AF-Nikkor!)

I've tried the Visoflex with my 90mm Elmarit. I found it a bit cumbersome. It would be quite a bother to adapt other lenses when there are simpler ways to get excellent results. Still, that is one way of going about it, if you must!

U11787I1598966289.SEQ.0.jpg

Rosa Abraham Darby from my garden. Nikon D700, 55mm AF Micro-Nikkor

Many thanks, Rob. The rose is very nice and tender! I meant to use electronic finder wih M10, that should help a lot. Elmar is not my choice, since I prefer shallow DOF.

I am keeping my M9 after having bought an M10. Both are great cameras. Well, the M8 also stays with me. I use them all. One happy M family.

Back