Magenta tint with Epson SC800

571514m3

Established
Local time
8:19 AM
I am frustrated. Using OSX 10.14.6 with Lightroom 6.14 stand alone. Nozzle check is ok, so are supply levels. I use the correct paper ICC profile for a good fine art paper.

My prints have a magenta tinge. And i cant get rid of it. The print dialog is simple with LR, and I select the correct ICC.

None of the youtube tutorials seem to apply. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for suggestions!

Are you dual correcting, i.e. letting the printer correct the color AND using a profile.

If not, let the printer do the work.

Strange thing is that when I export to desktop and then print from Epson Easy Photo print I get perfectly ok prints.

Are you dual correcting, i.e. letting the printer correct the color AND using a profile.

If not, let the printer do the work.

That's why I am baffled. LR preference is 16bit ProPhoto RGB and the magenta cast is pretty much identical regardless of selecting 'managed by printer' or the paper specific ICC for my paper in Color management in the print tab of LR.

I just don't understand why I get correct color in Epson Easy print and not in LR.

BTW. I used to have a SC-P600 which printed fine from LR. This SC-P800 does not. Drivers are updated. I'm baffled.

I used WHCC for my business. It’s a lab in Minneapolis. If I transmitted an order to them by 11:00 AM it would be at my door the next day.

They wanted my files to be sRGB. That’s what I used. Prints came out great. Terrific service.

I was too busy back then to print in house. And besides, printing in house was way more expensive than White House. Plus, I only have 24 hours to each of my days!

Have you tried making prints using sRGB?

Maybe you already know this but I thought this might then be a refresher on color:
https://www.format.com/magazine/resources/photography/srgb-vs-rgb

I once took a week long seminar from Eddie Tapp who does know a fair amount about this topic. He was, maybe still is, on the Adobe board helping with Photoshop.

I capture with digital using RAW. Color space can be assigned during process with ACR. Take a peek here:
http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/in-camera-color-space-for-raw-shooters.html

Your printer may be having challenges with Pro Photo color space.

That's why I am baffled. LR preference is 16bit ProPhoto RGB and the magenta cast is pretty much identical regardless of selecting 'managed by printer' or the paper specific ICC for my paper in Color management in the print tab of LR.

BTW. I used to have a SC-P600 which printed fine from LR. This SC-P800 does not. Drivers are updated. I'm baffled.

I still believe you are double profiling or correcting. After you make the selection in LR and choose the ICC profile, you select the printer box in LR. Then a printer dialog box pops up. This is where you select the paper type, paper size, MK or PK ink, and a selection for "mode". Your mode choices are something like: sRGB, RGB, Photo Enhance, ICC, or Off (no color adjustment). If you do not select Off (no color adjustment) there you will be double adjusting. Can you confirm your mode settings?

... you select the printer box in LR. Then a printer dialog box pops up. This is where you select the paper type, paper size, MK or PK ink, and a selection for "mode". Your mode choices are something like: sRGB, RGB, Photo Enhance, ICC, or Off (no color adjustment).

This is where the problem is. I use Mac OSX 10.14 Mojave and LR6.14 stand alone. The Printer dialog does not bring up paper type, paper size, MK or PK ink, and a selection for "mode".

I have not used CC so no idea what that looks like. My dialog is rather simple and those options are not there. There is also no option in LR preferences.

Where could they be hidden? Or is it a Mac-Adobe issue?

Back