Memorial Parks

farlymac

PF McFarland
Local time
2:31 PM
Back in April I did a shoot with just the camera on my LG Sunset Tracfone. It was the perfect day to see what its limitations are, which there are a few. The screen is too reflective, it color shifts when pointed towards the light, not many controls available without expanding the on screen menu. Add to that the tiny sensor which precludes any decent kind of image enlargement. Uploading photos is a bear too, because if you use the original size, you can only send ten at a time. And don’t try to send more than one group at a time, as the phone will arbitrarily drop some of them. But it’s there.

I’ve used it to supplement my film cameras when either I ran out of film, or had a fixed lens camera that wasn’t wide enough for the view I wanted. Also when I didn’t bother to take a camera with me, or when I just wanted a couple of quick snaps. But I can’t see me making a habit of using the camera feature. Heck, I don’t even use it to make calls. It’s more of a mobile Internet access point for me.

In Rocky Mount, VA there are two interconnected parks along the PiggRiver. One is the Franklin County Veterans Memorial, and the other is the Vernon Lee Lynch II Riverside Memorial. The former is more somber, while the latter is more for recreation. There are some exposed rocks along the riverbank that look like hematite, a form of iron ore, and some lovely flowering trees that were at their best that day.

26333849193_e147b6a8b1_z.jpg

Franklin County Veterans Memorial Park by P F McFarland, on Flickr

26870495661_c96538210a_z.jpg

Vernon Lee Lynch II Riverside Memorial Park by P F McFarland, on Flickr

See all 32 photos at https://flic.kr/s/aHskzAqgv9

PF

i watched it as a slide show...pretty crisp & some contrasty shots.
about 3 that i really liked...but the light seemed too harsh for my liking generally.

I agree, middle of the day is not my usual photo time, but I didn't have time to hang around for two hours to pass by first.

PF

Worth resurrecting this thread on this Memorial Day in the USA. Thank you to those that served and for those that perished.

This was at Cathedral of the Pines, Rindge, New Hampshire today.

Plaque reads: “ALTAR OF THE NATION - National Memorial for all American War Dead”

It is a beautiful, peaceful place.

Attachments

• E3C0864E-5EC1-4653-AFF9-BE73444F8290.jpg
    E3C0864E-5EC1-4653-AFF9-BE73444F8290.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 0
Back