Canon LTM more canon p cameras

Canon M39 M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
i don't think i'm coordinated enough to use a grip winder. i see horrible digital contortions and unsharp photos from me with that camera.

but yes, it is very attractive though.

joe

backalley photo said:

WOW! Thanks Joe, I might have a go at this one and the postage costs would be realistic.
I'm looking for a replacement for my old Canonet QL17 (it's shutter dial has developed a scary noise).

Stu :)

eww... I vote that you remove the quick release when you get it. I am not a big fan of those. I got one, but it didn't do anything for me.

Joe it looks sexy indeed !!! :D

BTW, maybe a bunch of Canon P owners agreed to empty their drawers on ePay at the same time ? :)

Oh, soft release thingy.

On the Bessa R the meter is activated by partially depressing the shutter release. With the soft release it can activate while resting in a bag, which drained the first set of batteries I had in the camera. In the R2 the meter will only activate if the film is advanced and shutter cocked, so in effect the camera has an "off" setting. Not so with the R.

This of course would not be a problem with a Canon P, but it is such a pretty camera why have a black soft release sticking out it's top?

mine will be chrome and the seller says it makes a 'big difference'. don't really know that for myself as yet.
i try not to put my cameras away with the shutter cocked, even if i waste a frame, just old habits i guess.

joe

Well my poor student's softie makes a difference with the Canon 7, and the shutter release is the same as the P's.

Btw Joe, the 7 has a release lock to prevent the shutter firing, and I think the P has the same. However I prefer not to store a camera with a cocked shutter so I don't think too much about that feature (and if you forget to unlock it you may lose that quick shot!).

Last edited:
oscar, do you find the release stiff? and then a bit better with the soft release attached? i imagine the p will be the same as your 7.

they used to sell these soft releases for about 5 bucks years ago but i haven't seen one for a while.

joe

Indeed I like the release on the 7 but find it a bit too 'low profiled' for my taste. The softie was a product of a specially boring evening but I ended liking it. Helps you release the shutter smoothly and you 'feel' it more in your finger than without it.

BTW I've never seen these softies here.

I should add that is was quite dark in this Museum, and most exposures were 1/30th down to 1/2th second, Handheld.

Beautiful camera, Joe! But I wish I hadn't clicked on those eBay links, as I recall liking a borrowed VT back in the 60s, so that and the V1T were tempting!

Ebay is not always the best/only place (like Joe showed..).

Here are some alternatives where you don't have to 'bid':

Igor camera at: http://www.igorcamera.com/rangefinder.htm

Canon-7 #838530, case, EX $289.

Canon VT deLuxe #540115, Canon 50/1.8 black, cap, case, EX+ $469.

Canon VT #503018, Canon 50/1.8 chrome, cap, case, EX $369.

Canon IV SB #141814, Canon 50/1.8 chrome, cap, EX+ $295.

Pacificrim at http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/catalog/ag12.htm

Where you can get the BLACK CANON P for merely $3,200.00

Ritz Camera at http://ritzcam.com/catalog/index.html

Canon, Model 7 outfit w/50mm f1.2, 135mm f3.5 Very Nice Set! (tiny crack in opaque glass corner) #804xxx (10-) $850

Canon, Model 7 w/50mm f0.95, orig. lens cap. Beautiful Example! #846xxx (9++) $1695

Canon, VT Deluxe (light base engr, small ding on rear corner) #545xxx (9) $475

Canon, VT Deluxe w/50mm f1.2, Lens cap, Original Canon Display Ribbon, Orig. guarantee card & inst. manual, strap, in orig. case. (couple tiny nicks on body, otherwise Minty) #552xxx (10-) $895

KEH at www.keh.com
7 CHROME 35MM RANGEFINDER MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA BODY
Bargain N/A $275.00

7 CHROME SHUTTER CURTAIN WRINKLED 35MM RANGEFINDER MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA BODY
Excellent N/A $299.00

7 CHROME RANGEFINDER OFF, METER INOPERATIVE, 35MM RANGEFINDER MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA BODY
Bargain N/A $172.00

7S CHROME 35MM RANGEFINDER MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA BODY
Excellent N/A $599.00

P CHROME 35MM RANGEFINDER MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA BODY
Bargain N/A WAS $364.00 NOW $325.00

VI-T CHROME 35MM RANGEFINDER MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA BODY
Bargain N/A $499.00

VT DELUXE CHROME SPEEDS OFF, RANGEFINDER OFF, 35MM RANGEFINDER MANUAL FOCUS CAMERA BODY
Bargain N/A $225.00

Adorama at www.adorama.com
Used
Canon P Rf Chrome Camera Body

$292.00
SKU: RFCCAP
Condition E-

Seems like Joe got a real good deal ;)

Below, black Canon P

Back