My first short film!

EcoLeica

Check out my blog!!!
Local time
5:55 PM
Hey all, some all you might know that Im currently doing my masters in science communication majoring in natural history filmmaking (hence my lack of photos lately). Anyway I was approached by the Otago Museum (Dunedin New Zealand) to do a film that would promote their tropical forest house. This turned into one of my major assignments and one of my first attempts at constructing a film by myself. Its fairly light hearted and not very hard hitting but it was fun to make and I hope you enjoy...tell me what you think!

http://steveting.wordpress.com/2008/10/26/tropical-butterfly-house/

Steve

Really enjoyable! I like the way that you used the theme of the butterfly's journey to tie together the whole project. Impressive stuff and very professional. Can't believe this is your first foray into film production!

Ive full around with some short clips of seals and sealions, but both lacked any form of narrative. Thankyou for your kind words!

My 9 year old son has just watched it and thinks its brilliant. If you can entertain and inform him then the Otago Museum will surely be impressed

thats fantastic news freeranger! I tried to gear it towards the younger generation so that comment really pleases me. Apparently they might be playing it as a display for both adults and kids that visit.

awesome video... I like that part, 'inside the packet there's another packet... but unwrapping will take some time'... :) top class

cheers! the narration was really hard to write (even if it doesnt seem so), most of the images tell the story itself

Like said, very enjoyable! and clever! lot's of effort wonderfully displayed.

But I seemed to keep expecting a fly-by of beautiful B&W butterfly photos in the middle of the film. :)

And that clip of the lizard eating a butterfly might ruin it for the young ones a bit ;)

Back