My M9 is not taking pictures

gigarcia

Local time
6:54 AM
Just discover that my M9 has issues taking photos looks like something wrong with the sensor or curtains any suggestions

Attachments

• IMG_1135 (1).jpg
    IMG_1135 (1).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
Original Sensor or is it a factory replacement? The original sensors are known for crapping out, which is why Leica offered free replacements for a number of years.

I hate to say it, but I think your sensor has gone bad - no shutter issue will create multi-colored lines like that.

Yes my M9 has an original sensor and very few actuations around 600
I use more my m4/p and my M8
I think I should send it to Service to Leica Repair at NJ

It looks like a writing error. Try changing the card.
You can also take pictures without a card and see how the photo looks on the camera display. If the problem still occurs, then it depends on the sensor.

Thank you I will try that

Thank you I will try that

Thank you I will try to take the pic without SD and with a new SD card.

This was the first picture taken with problems, Last Summer used the camera in Cancun Mexico and was working nice with a Summulix 50 1.4F

Sensor corrosion... I had a same exact thing happen to mine.... I had my repaired for free... Looks like they stopped covering it... too bad

This looks to be an electronics problem. Might need sensor replacement, but may be a simpler software reprogramming or a different electronic problem. This doesn’t look like the moisture related sensor rot.

Back