New 75mm Hypergon Being Developed

raydm6

Yay! Cameras! 🙈🙉🙊┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ [◉"]
Local time
3:45 PM
A gentleman at LFPF is working on a modern version of Goerz Hypergon.

One of the links was to an interesting and educational 1913 Goerz Catalog (PDF) with details on the Hypergon (Catalog p.35):

There are other really nice old catalogs on this website as well:

I look forward to seeing one of the new ones. I’ve seen a couple of the originals but never had an opportunity to shoot with one.

Looks like it is available now:

Hypergon-751.jpg

For comparison, here's one of the originals for sale at Coeln Cameras:

1699520001989.png

Worth a shot...no pun intended...
I'm assuming it will cover 8x10.
No sample photos...hmmmm...
I just e-mailed a friend in HK to let me know what he thinks.
LF thread...

Has anyone tried this yet? It seems inexpensive enough - I have owned the original 120 and currently have the original 90, fine lenses.

This really interests me, I've been fascinated by these for years. Nowhere on there site do they mention the coverage. It would have to easily cover 8x10 to work for me. If it does at that price I'll buy one.

This really interests me, I've been fascinated by these for years. Nowhere on there site do they mention the coverage. It would have to easily cover 8x10 to work for me. If it does at that price I'll buy one.
The original certainly did, but with very little room for movement. This one appears to be the same lens design. Judging from the comments in the forum posted above, it works but needs modifications.

Back