New Leica Web-Site

Well I'll say one thing. I love the fact that I can now look at lenses on the site itself with out having to either download the pages or open another program to view them!

EDIT: On second look, still have to download a pdf for the specs... Very annoying I must say! Just put the damn pages on the site with an option for pdf as well!

So they design great cameras but obviously not websites is that the concensus so far? :p

I don't like it--it seems far too "happy" for me. Maybe just the blandness of the white (vs. the previous red&orange&green&other colored boxes) is taking its toll...

Their dealer locator is pretty useless too. Just suppose I was driving through the city of Wetzlar tomorrow and wanted to pick up a couple of R9's/DMR's, some M7's and a bunch of lenses. I'd want to know a dealer there. So I dial in "Wetzlar" Now the site demands to know a "start adress" What the .. has that to do with my query? I flew in from Timbuctoo today.And a postal code . Am I the German telephone book? So I guess I'll buy nothing tomorrow.... :(

Silva Lining said:
Why pamper Leica complexities
When the leather runs smooth
On the passenger seat ?

;)

Is it really so, really so strange... that leica finds itself attempting to keep up with the times with a camera (and website) that makes it's market as an anachronism? And one which leaves us all calling "Please, please, please, let me get what I want... lord knows it would be the first time...".

MP/CLE said:
Is it really so, really so strange... that leica finds itself attempting to keep up with the times with a camera (and website) that makes it's market as an anachronism? And one which leaves us all calling "Please, please, please, let me get what I want... lord knows it would be the first time...".

I say no, you say yes but you will change your mind. Wait, actually you say no too but...that doesn't work:) Agreed...I don't know what a Leica site should look like. Just that there still is one is fairly unbelievable.

The new website is much better from a usability standpoint but looks and feels generic and its not reflective of the soul of Leica products. The old website was better in that regard but not great either.

Well it is all part of the "extraordinary ordinariness" that is leica... after all, I've got the 21st century breathing down my neck...

Back