New Mexico New Mexico Film Photographers

mconnealy

Well-known
Local time
6:32 PM
New Mexico Film Photographers met monthly online for the last year. We celebrated our first in-person get-together of 2021 in June at the home of Ethan Moses. Ethan provided breakfast and lunch for attendees, gave us a tour of his 3D printing and laser cutting shop, and passed out CAMERADACTYL pinhole kits to everyone who wanted one. Joe Van Cleave set up his 4x5 Intrepid and made portraits on positive reversal paper which were developed and ready to take home by his subjects by the meeting's end.

by Gregory Mogle, on Flickr

We hope to keep the monthly online meetings going as they are a nice way to stay in touch with film photographers around the state as well as film-shooting friends of New Mexico anywhere. New Mexico Film Photographers share their images and experiences on Flickr and on Facebook.

Lots of great stuff to photograph here in New Mexico.

Here's one from our pre-COVID group trip to Coronado Monument:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Film Scans-143.jpg
    Film Scans-143.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 3
Lucky you guys, I wish the Bay Area had a film group. Mike I go to you website often.
Thanks for posting you update.

We welcome images and participation in the online groups from film-shooting friends of New Mexico from anywhere.

It seems like there must be a lot of film shooters in the Bay Area and that it would not be real hard to get a group going.
When I lived in SF in the '70s there was a great community darkroom on upper Market where I spent a lot of time.

Vince Lupo will be spending the month of January 2022 in New Mexico as the Artist in Residence in Carrizozo.
Vince is a pro photographer based in Baltimore, MD. His commercial and personal work is on display at the Flickr photo sharing site. He also often shares his personal analog photo work at Rangefinderforum.com, including his latest project, My Ermanox Journey.

Much of Vince's New Mexico work is included in his earlier long-term project,
Mapping the West.

Vince Lupo will be spending the month of January 2022 in New Mexico as the Artist in Residence in Carrizozo.
Vince is a pro photographer based in Baltimore, MD. His commercial and personal work is on display at the Flickr photo sharing site. He also often shares his personal analog photo work at Rangefinderforum.com, including his latest project, My Ermanox Journey.

Much of Vince's New Mexico work is included in his earlier long-term project,
Mapping the West.

Many thanks Mike - looking forward to meeting you and others while I’m out there!

What a fantastic idea, I love New Mexico, one reason being is that it is such a unique and beautiful state. I'll dig out a few of mine and post them too!

New Mexico Film Photographers will meet at the Veterans Memorial in Albuquerque's Tiguex Park at 9:00 AM on Saturday, September 17th, 2022.

We welcome veteran film photographers and anyone interested in getting started with film photography.

No dues.
No rules.

New Mexico Film Photographers will meet at the Veterans Memorial in Albuquerque's Tiguex Park at 9:00 AM on Saturday, September 17th, 2022.

We welcome veteran film photographers and anyone interested in getting started with film photography.

No dues.
No rules.

What do you guys have planned for then? Wish I could join you!

What do you guys have planned for then? Wish I could join you!

We have mostlly met online for the past couple of years, so it will be nice to catch up in person in the park near Old Town. I have a pile of spare gear to give away and I think others will as well. Chip Greenberg has been hosting the online meetings; the next is scheduled for the 29th. More details are available in the NM Film Photographers Facebook Group.

We have mostlly met online for the past couple of years, so it will be nice to catch up in person in the park near Old Town. I have a pile of spare gear to give away and I think others will as well. Chip Greenberg has been hosting the online meetings; the next is scheduled for the 29th. More details are available in the NM Film Photographers Facebook Group.

Mmm I’ll gladly take any Hasselblad gear you’re giving away :)

New Mexico Film Photographers will be holding their first meeting of the New Year on January 15th at 9:00 AM at the Albuquerque Art Museum. Bring some prints to share. Show us you new/favorite gear. Tell us your plan for photography in 2023. There are a couple excellent photo exhibits currently on view at the museum.

Some of us recently met at the National Museum of Nuclear Science & Industry for a pinhole stroll. I brought my arm sleeve pinhole camera, loaded with eleven 4x5 paper negatives. These are pre-flashed grade 2 RC negatives.

I like this image of a Matador missile. 10 second exposure at F/240.

P1100597 by Joe Van Cleave, on Flickr

Titan II first stage engines. This ICBM delivered its 9 megaton W54 warhead to almost anywhere on the globe. The Titan II was the basis for the NASA Gemini rocket. It ran on hypergolic liquid propellants.

Pre-flashed grade 2 paper negative, 4x5 format, 10 second exposure at F/240.

P1100599 by Joe Van Cleave, on Flickr

There is a pigeon nest in the right hand engine nozzle, I didn’t get an image of it with pinhole.

Back