New Printer

MP Guy

Just another face in the crowd
Staff member
Local time
10:58 AM
Its been a while since I have done any photography with the house move I have been going through. In fact, I started this entire house deal in may and traded my old printer to have a small porch put on the house. What are the chance of finding a carpenter thats into digital photography ? None the less, now that I am recovering a little, I just picked up an Epson 4000 printer. What a beast. It weighs 85lbs and handle 17" paper. Now, I I could only get my den emptied of boxes I could set it up. I will post pictures one day. But, for a cool review, here is a good link ..

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/epson-4000-update.shtml

Jorge Torralba wrote: "... What a beast ..."

It's SCARY how big that thing is! What size prints are you planning to make on it Jorge?

max of 17" x ????

My Xpan should like this new printer. I just picked up a rioll of 16" x 100'

Jeez that is a beast!!
"If you're going to be picking up the printer from a dealer, bring a friend and also a large SUV or a pick-up truck."

Hope you enjoy it!

-Nick

Ok After days of color management learning I have figured this puppy out! It rocks!!! I am in love with this printer and can get enough pictures to print. I just ordered a complete set of 220ml ink cartridges for this ink thirsty printer. I really like the enhanced mat paper. It gives the print that art gallery look which you lose with rc papers.

Back