New RFF Sponsor Japan Camera Hunter

The classic camera store, complete with often dozens or hundreds of used cameras and lenses, has all but died in the US. Only one such store comes to mind in the LA area, Paul's Photo in Torrance. All replaced by Ebay, internet sales, and of course foreign dealers now plentiful in formerly US owned cameras.

If you have never been to Tokyo, its difficult to imagine just how many used camera stores there are, filled to the brim with classic cameras.

Bellamy, it would probably be a good idea to posts lots of pics of different used classic camera store's inventory. People just don't have a clue of what is available.

Stephen

VERY interesting.

Happy Christmas guys. I have updated the site and the store is now up and running. As a Christmas bonus I am giving away a number of items away cheap. Come and grab an xmas bargain while you can.
Cheers all.
Japancamerahunter

I recently ordered 2 "bikkuri" cases from Bellamy. One color, one mono. Great service, shipping and overall an excellent purchase (and I have cool film from Japan!) ;)

Check out what I managed to get this week. Japancamerahunter goes from strength to strength.
6793996323_8d654f88be_b.jpg

Come and check out the post and take the survey:
http://www.japancamerahunter.com/2012/01/the-leica-mp-titanium/

Please note, Miyazaki san would like to apologize for the spelling mistake on the lens. This first batch will all be ‘Super Tpirlet’ as opposed to ‘Super Triplet’ lenses :) But that just adds to the rarity value.

Here's hoping he was more careful with the 'optical formula!' :D

Bellamy, loving the site and happy to see you here as a sponsor! One nit to pick....can you do something about the looooong time it takes to load the site and pages?

I have had a few people saying that is is slow on IE. I use it on Chrome and it is lovely and fast. I am not really all that webby, so I am going to speak to my web guy and see if we can get it to be running a bit more smoothly.
Thanks
Bellamy

Congratulations Bellamy!

Bellamy was kind enough to come out on a rainy Tokyo day (my last there) to deliver to me a Ginichi Rewind crank for the M3/2/P, and help me spend some money on a Minolta TC-1 at Map Camera...

wow, wonderful!

haven't been on rff in a longer while, but reading this thread brings back nice memories of my stay in japan -- felt like a kid in a christmas store when i checked out all those camera shops ... japan is like a time capsule often when it comes to retro tech stuff. :D

love the banner design, too ... reminds me of a certain flag. ;)

965379000.png

Back