New Sensor Button Dance

boojum

Mentor
Local time
7:42 AM
There is a sequence of buttons on the M-9 which will display the sensor information (new or old) and also circuit board information. Can anyone supply this button dance?

Thank you.

Delete -> up (2x) -> down (4x) -> left (3x) -> right (3x) -> Info

This at least worked the one and only time I did this. Unlike the M8, my M9 stayed in service mode after power cycling. In service mode it skips bad pixel maps, and stores two files per image. The good news: the camera uses DNG format in service mode. The bad news: I resorted to reloading the firmware from an SD card to get it out of service mode.

I did this back in 1.176, not sure what will happen now.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/59931353

The M9 button dance I posted is on several forums, the above discussion was asking about sensor and board rev.

Corran- What is A B Start? They are not labeled buttons on the M9.

Makes me wonder if these cameras have self-destruct sequences, or at least "a force-chamber overload". All fun until the computer bursts into flames due to your software. I hate when that happens.

XYZZY.... for all you adventurous types.

Too Sad. A year ago digging around my basement- My CP/m computer booted up, ran a couple of minutes, then smoked. No AD for me.

Thanks, folks. It is great to be able to get an answer to a question. And even better when the answer is correct. ;)

The first answer was true, second one too if you understand it. Both are useing the 4way. Lots of information.

Does that mean I should not fire up my 20+ year old OS/2 box?

35 years seems to be the point that the high-voltage power supplies blow out. My IBM Professional Graphics Controller also smoked this year.

My Pentium Pro Tower boots up just fine- 1996. Both of them. 1GByte Hard Drives are all good. The higher density drives have more issues.

I have DOS and XP dual-booting on a 2.7GHz I5 Toughbook, figured out how to make a 512GByte FAT-32 drive. I'll bet we could get OS/2 running on a new computer. Use the FDISK that comes with FreeDOS, but use FORMAT that comes with WIN98. Make it one partition. The Watcom compilers support OS/2.

My 1999 first generation tangerine iBook still works as new. Of course it only runs software from the late 90's and early 00's in OS 9. Tough to get batteries for it though.

As for the OP, I did that sequence once a number of years ago on my M-E, but can't seem to find where I wrote it down, sorry.

Best,
-Tim

“Sensor button dance!?”
I hate digital......

Easier than using the meter on an F2AS for a 8 second shutter speed and setting the shutter-speed using the self-timer.

The last computer video game that I really got into was Wolfenstein, almost 30 years ago. I replaced many of the images in it with pictures of my cats. Like the framed ones hanging on the wall, or put them behind bars in the jail cells. The trick was getting the color table used by the program to map to the 24-bit (8bits per RGB channel) video frame grabber I used to get the pictures of the cats. 3-D histogram used to optimize the color map to the 256 color table of the game. All Fortran on DOS computer.

Button dance- I use it all the time on the M8 to unlock true uncompressed format.

The batteries on my 1998 Micron Trek 2 still hold charges.

35 years seems to be the point that the high-voltage power supplies blow out. My IBM Professional Graphics Controller also smoked this year.

My Pentium Pro Tower boots up just fine- 1996. Both of them. 1GByte Hard Drives are all good. The higher density drives have more issues.

I have DOS and XP dual-booting on a 2.7GHz I5 Toughbook, figured out how to make a 512GByte FAT-32 drive. I'll bet we could get OS/2 running on a new computer. Use the FDISK that comes with FreeDOS, but use FORMAT that comes with WIN98. Make it one partition. The Watcom compilers support OS/2.

I loved working in OS/2. It had some killer software including a magic photo editor. And yes, I still have the manual and install disk. There was some great software on the old OS/2 boxes. I should get an install disk and dump it onto a cheap desktop and see how it flies. I have GRUB on this with W10 and Linux Mint. Can I add a third partition? Dangerous territory. I may start lurking on an OS/2 board or two. Woohoo! COBOL Next. ;o) Maybe I can move the old OS to the new box along with all the software. If I xfer it to an SSD after installing it as D on W10 I wonder if it will work as C on another box? It should. Oh, there must be problems there. Cogito, cogito, cogito. OS/2 user board, here I come.

Installing as D: and using on another box- might be an issue if file paths are created at install time. Depending on the BIOS of the box, it might be possible to boot the Disk as D. I've created dual-boot XP/DOS on CF cards and used a SATA->CF adapter to run.

Installing as D: and using on another box- might be an issue if file paths are created at install time. Depending on the BIOS of the box, it might be possible to boot the Disk as D. I've created dual-boot XP/DOS on CF cards and used a SATA->CF adapter to run.

I was thinking using the SSD's cloning software which sees the drive a C. It would xfer the OS and software then as C. The problem would be getting it to play with a new box and BIOS. I can buy the OS/2 WARP 3.0 and goodies for ~$100 but that gives me a box without the additional software. This is all doable, I just do not yet know how.

I am downloading Warp 4.4 now. I will just have to find a way to install it in GRUB so that I have W10, Linux and then WARP. Woohoo! Thanks!

Other goodies, too: SoundForge. An old one but it will do until I get the downstairs box up and running.

Back