NY, just like I pictured it

Cricket game in Prospect Park

jbielikowski I especially love that first photo of Central Park

thank you! I like that the longer I look at your picture, the more I appreciate the perfect moment you captured the action.

You either do lots of walking (which I prefer) or lots of Train rides to get around...

Helen, I envy how you can make blurry, shaken, "missed" etc. pictures work on your advantage.

C3iSOpq.jpg

Helen, I envy how you can make blurry, shaken, "missed" etc. pictures work on your advantage.

hmmm, Are You playing naughty with Me... making Fun of Me Jan ?

Yes, It's all about Atmosphere for Me, however way One captures it
An Emotive quality that pulls the viewer in.

Film shines and is quite Beautiful with Imperfection
whereas Digital is not forgiving, it's only rewards are instant gratification and mind blowing resolution...

Today went to a RF meet up...
Joe, Cal, Christian & I were fortunate enough to meet again
Been a loooong Time since we rock & rolled

In between Beers, Food and Torrential rain , then drenching spurts of sun and heat we still rejoiced

Took this photo before security came and admonished their parents for the their playful behaviour...

When it Rain ... it Pours

by Helen Hill, on Flickr

hmmm, Are You playing naughty with Me... making Fun of Me Jan ?

Yes, It's all about Atmosphere for Me, however way One captures it
An Emotive quality that pulls the viewer in.

Film shines and is quite Beautiful with Imperfection
whereas Digital is not forgiving, it's only rewards are instant gratification and mind blowing resolution...

no, no, no! even when you miss the focus you capture the mood, the Essence.
whereas mine are always garbage, I just quickly glanced over ~1500 scans in one folder and couldn't find one "missed", which means I didn't even bother to post process it.
it's not that I want to make a pity of myself, my point is about your unique style, and how much I appreciate it.

Seriously, Jan, your shots here are exceptionally good. Dynamic, lively and interesting. Technically perfect too.

Erik.

Erik, I think we both share same sentiment- a pursuit for a perfect darkroom print, with interesting subject and composition.
And I'm happy with it, to take photography as a Zen practice.
(BTW I don't scan my prints, so now I have hundreds of raw negative scans waiting for PP)

My only point here was to make sure Helen took my words as a compliment.

Emyfpw1.jpg

Coney Island.

Good timing. He is facing faceless stream...

My first time in NYC was long and expensive kind of taxi ride from airport to Newark airport.
Our return flight has ten hours connection in NYC. We went to Brighton Beach first. Street under subway was just like back at home. Dirty and no style.
The beach itself was with this impressive wooden planks walk. Wide to walk and wide around. It was upscale feeling. Grandmas with little dogs were exactly the same as in Moscow...
We went on subway. It was long ride. Russian like passengers were replaced with Chinese like.
We resurfaced. It was stinky and crowded, but soon it changed to empty streets of stores with Italian food produce supplies. Shinny metal and nobody around.
Streets became alive at some point, we stopped at nothing special, it seems, place to eat, but food was like at home and server was real human and great.
We walked little more until we were able to see Empire State Building and called it as achievement complete.

Back