Olympus 35 EC rewind crank flops

trip-xa

Established
Local time
2:11 PM
Not sure if anyone else has this issue. The rewind crank on my EC flops down. It mostly stays in the little hole, but it just randomly flops. I am not sure what to tighten or how.

If someone knows, please share.

I have never had that camera, but sometimes the little plate (under the screw) that pushes up on the lever is upside down or backwards. Don't try to bend it, sometimes they're really brittle. I snapped one once. Not sure how many cameras you've opened, so whatever you do, don't close the camera back while the rewind top is off the rewind shaft. If the shaft falls inside the camera with the back closed, you'll have to dismantle it further (maybe much) to get it open again.

Move rubber

Move rubber

• What I did was remove the bottom plate, and push the rubber part that fits around the rewind crank more to ine side, in a way that it could touch it and keep it in the closed position

If that fails, just wrap some Sellotape around the crank. That should give it slightly more width and friction to stay in the closed position.

I put some masking tape in the hole to snug it up. Can't see it and it doesn't flop down on my ECR anymore. (Yeah, it was annoying until I did this!)

Back