Olympus Pen spare parts?

MinniMe

Local time
7:24 AM
Hi everyone,

first of all I´d like to apologize for my bad english since I´m not a native english speaking person. Anyway I hope we´ll get allong and can communicate.

I´ve got kind of a problem.
Does anyone knows where to get spare parts for a Olympus Pen-W? The cold shoe of mine did break. I´ve got absolutely no idea where I possibly could get a spare part...

I hope theres someone who could help me.

Hi everyone,

first of all I´d like to apologize for my bad english since I´m not a native english speaking person. Anyway I hope we´ll get allong and can communicate.

I´ve got kind of a problem.
Does anyone knows where to get spare parts for a Olympus Pen-W? The cold shoe of mine did break. I´ve got absolutely no idea where I possibly could get a spare part...

I hope theres someone who could help me.

I checked my Pen, Pen S and Pen W and all of them have the same cold shoe. I think your best bet will be to check eBay or a local auction site for any of the Pen Half Frame series as I am pretty sure that the cold shoe of one will fit many of the others. Hope this makes sense.

How did the cold shoe break?
The reason I ask is that it is attached with 1 screw from the top and 2 or 3 screws from the bottom that also attach the VF to the top cover. It would take a mighty big force to break a cold shoe and that could have damaged the top plate and VF also.

I would pull off the top plate (you need to do that to replace the accessory shoe anyway) and check the VF and possible warping of the top plate.

If it did snap off the screw heads coming up from the bottom then those debris will be rattling around in the VF.

Back