Pelikan. Like everything about it but the price?

Read the 1 star reviews on the Harbor Freight site. Peli cases are very good and have a lifetime warranty for a reason. They also offer the option of inserts rather than foam. You do tend to get what you pay for. I have no connection to Peli by the way just a customer.

Read the 1 star reviews on the Harbor Freight site. Peli cases are very good and have a lifetime warranty for a reason. They also offer the option of inserts rather than foam. You do tend to get what you pay for. I have no connection to Peli by the way just a customer.

One1 star review, 1253 5 star. Great point you brought up: https://www.harborfreight.com/4800-w...r_psugg_q=case You really have to do your research a bit better.

While I have not seen this item shown, I have purchased many tools and other products from Harbor Freight and not been disappointed considering the quality vs cost ratio. If you make a living using your camera gear, maybe you need Pelican. If not, then perhaps this one is good enough.

So a case retails for $99, less than half the price of the equivalent Peli and a couple of the top brands. The question is why? Which corners I wonder were cut? I have seen cheaper cases under various names, all of which fell short on quality in more than one way. The Harbor Freight co has been around forever. I lived in the states for many years. Like all tool sellers they sell top of the line stuff as well as cheap tools not worth buying. Very competitive for prices or at least used to be. Maybe you will get lucky with this one. Like I mentioned you will likely get what you pay for.

Back