PIXII New french M Mount digital rangefinder announced

pixelvandal

Established
Local time
1:39 PM
https://pixii.fr

Saw this on the interwebs this morning.
Looks interesting. Could be a cheap compact Leica MD. Of sorts.... No LCD anyway.
Let's see if it actually gets made or becomes another konost project.

The documentation says it will have 5.5m pixels. Which suggests to me it will be just a vanity toy for hipsters. Or according to Google translate "jouet de vanité pour hipsters"

The documentation says it will have 5.5m pixels. Which suggests to me it will be just a vanity toy for hipsters. Or according to Google translate "jouet de vanité pour hipsters"

Doesn't the documentation say it has 5.5um pixels? Assuming a full frame sensor that should be around 30 megapixels. Why would that make it a vanity toy?

Shawn

5.5um pixels is the size of the pixel. So each pixel measures 5.5 micro meters

So no, it is not a 5.5 megapixels camera :)

Seems interesting.

Marcelo

Last edited:
It is really interesting I agree. I gather the camera functions without a smart phone in its orbit if required?

I'm not assuming it's full-frame, seems if it were, they would have said so in the specs.

Uses a standard Sony battery...

From the specs this might not need a mechanical shutter as they specify that the sensor uses a global shutter.

Shawn

Two major points missing - release date and price. Once we know that, we can move on to the more minor points like how we can get the images out and how good they will be. And even then, it's not a Leica so it really won't be worth buying.

I like the idea of using a smartphone,

At least for me,

I have a Iphone 7+ and it’s larger than any camera lcd.

The added bonus being the cheaper editing apps that are now capable of handling raw strange enough this is definitely the future of cameras. Advanced communication with our personal computers we carry everywhere.

Hope it’s fairly priced and not some pipe dream scam to drum up page views.

Back