Plaubel Makina 670...post your images.

f.hayek

Well-known
Local time
4:57 PM
Borrowed a disused Makina for a day from the family of a dear friend who passed...

'F Train Fantasy'--Portra 400, ƒ/2.8 [cropped image, light leak]
train.jpg'Mermaid on Houston St.', Portra 4oo, ~ƒ/3.5 (cropped image because of a light leak)

mermaid.jpg

Nice photos! They go well together with the patterns and colors. I like the perspective of the second photo.

How did you like shooting with the camera?

I think this model was used by Lars Tunbjörk. A fantastic photographer gone too soon. They had his makina on display in his retrospective exhibition in Borås. Check out his work if you aren't familiar.

I've had a few of them. The Nikkor lens is a spectacular performer, however, the 6x7 format has never been a favourite of mine. TMax100 in Pyrocat, darkroom print on Foma Variant lllIMG_1108.jpg

Nice photos! They go well together with the patterns and colors. I like the perspective of the second photo.

How did you like shooting with the camera?

I think this model was used by Lars Tunbjörk. A fantastic photographer gone too soon. They had his makina on display in his retrospective exhibition in Borås. Check out his work if you aren't familiar.

First time I've used this camera. The controls take a bit of getting used to--not intuitive at all with the unique focusing system and double-stroke advance. And you need to turn the focus to infinity before collapsing the bellows (really critical to prevent damage to the "lazy tongs" mechanism). I'm not sure about the 6 x 7 format either; the "square" speaks to me more easily.

Thanks for the tip on Lars Tunbjörk!

Back