Recommendation on Photo Scanner

the v500 has a $50 rebate (in the US at least) from epson right now too (until end of Sept.), so $229 - $50 = $179. Very reasonable ... it's what I decided on for doing scanning of my Autocord negs and so far I'm pleased with the results, though I will be getting the betterscanning.com negative holders quite soon.

Last edited:
I tried the Better Scanning film holders. They are certainly better made than the Epson ones, but they never made a lick of difference in the quality of my scans. I now use the Epson ones exclusively.

/T

I use the Epson 4990, fore runner of the V700 series. It is a great scanner for both 35mm and MF. Perhaps I have an exceptional copy, but I prefer its output to the dedicated 35mm scanner I have. YMMV, but I love the Epson flatbeds for all kinds of scanning. The Epson will also let you automatically scan up to 24 35mm images in one pass. Try doing that with a dedicated 35mm scanner.

/T
I've had the same experience with my Epson 4870.

In Europe the V500 is about 220€. 120$/1.5 = 80, plus 20%VAT = 96€... why not try? and it's def. cheaper than regular film printing! (even if bought in Europe)

I used the V500 for almost a week and now I am planning to return it.:mad:

The scanner frequently stops responding (mostly after scanning 120 negatives) and I have to restart it. I am using Windows Vista. May be this scanner is not fully compatible with Vista.:mad:

Ajish

Back