water

435039160_aa07fc6c4d_o.jpg

Epson R-D1, 50mm Nokton at f/1.5

Link

_Swirls_

Leica M2
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 50/2 ZM
film: Lucky SHD100, developed in caffenol; shutter time & aperture unknown

I like this theme, I also like the pictures already submitted. Ray, yours has been taken in Morocco, right? Very beautiful, very suggestive. Ok, now my interpretation of the theme, water as rain.

Ballet under the Eiffel Tower (Leica M2 / Summitar / TriX)

74663837.jgZnlnp4.jpg

Pity there were few entries, but that didn't make judging any easier! The entries were very good!

I had a really hard time between MikeL's, Ray's, Tarzak's, RML's and Marc's...well...all; Memphis' was interesting.

After a lot of wrestling, it came down to just between RML's and Marc's. RML's has a beautiful composition and engages you to look at the elements in it, and it is dominated by water...then the reflection, then whatever is floating on it.

Marc's has a beautiful interpretation, with a human element in it, and a great composition that is both disciplined and breaking away from convention. You can see raindrops falling, and the umbrellas simply underline this water theme.

I can't look away from either.

After much much deliberation. Marc's "Ballet under Eiffel Tower" is it. Is there a sweaty smiley with a hand fan?

Thanks a lot Gabriel :)
Merci, c'est un honneur. It's an honnor taht you selected my pictures for several wonderful pictures have been submitted (Ray: I'm drifting away in an oriental dreamy world when I look at your picture ... cool water running on your arms by hot days ... making mint tea ... just wonderful).

Many many thanks again :)

Marc-A.

I finally got to see the photo, Marc. Truly excellent. Congratulations!

Back