Ricoh GR-D (I,II,III,IV): Post your photos!

some punchy colors
"a shibuya future"
13219495624_be8b0052a6_b.jpg

Bought the GR (APS-C) when it first came out and liked it enough to try/buy a used IV in the classifieds in January. Yes the GR's IQ is much better than the IV, but I ended up selling the GR and keeping the IV. :)

what do you like better about the IV? i was actually thinking of getting the new GR and letting go of the IV.

what do you like better about the IV? i was actually thinking of getting the new GR and letting go of the IV.
- Rarely print at 28mm, and even when I do only at medium/small sizes, so don't need the better IQ.

- Not much light where I live, so f1.9 and smaller sensor allows more in focus at bigger aperture(s).

- IV is slightly smaller than GR.

Handling/usability wise, pretty much the same, but the GR's TAv mode is nice. If you shoot at 28mm a lot and IQ is important to you, get the GR. IQ is amazing. Plus, the price has dropped by a nice amount since release. :)

Hey everyone Im wanting to attempt to take some landscapes with my GRD III and am wanting to use a ND filter to get some cloud moment in my photos have you ever tried using a filter and what stop do you recommend??

I'm lucky enough to have own both the gr1v and contax t3 but I just don't have the time and money to use these for long term projects, well at least for now. I've recently bought a GR for it's compactness and great IQ to try and produce images i've gotten from film compacts when shot on high asa. I can say, I'm quite happy with this gem.

14519735274_a4ec98236d_b.jpg

14334510120_c6042ea39d_b.jpg

Back