RIP - Queen Elizabeth - Leica Enthusiast

Images of her with an M3, M6, 'Flex, Gold Rollei 35, and 'cine cameras. She was quite an enthusiast. Can't find any of her images though.

She loved taking photos...

RIP
Thanks, that was interesting. The Rollei looks like a 2.8 E, possibly. Her use of an M3 is well known, I wasn't aware she also used an M6. I read only a few days ago the gold Rollei 35 was presented to her during a visit to Singapore, where they were being made, at the time.

Someone posted this online - I found it interesting.

------------

Ilford created in his workshops an Advocate camera made of silver to be presented as a wedding gift to Her Majesty. We do not know if the queen used it much, but the truth is that the camera disappeared at some point among her belongings. Years later the official Ilford technical service received an Advocate camera for repair...made of silver!

The repair shop technicians alerted Scotland Yard to the fact and the camera was recovered... but I believe that in the same way Her Majesty preferred to continue using her Leica

Technicians repair cameras and sometimes also misdeeds!
This story is told in the book "Ilford, Faces, People and Places" by Andrew J. Hollyman

FB_IMG_1662721403858.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1662721403858.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.4 KB ID:	4801253

she also had active role in keeping colonialism alive so lets ignore monsters like those. not to mention that having monarchy in 21st century is something that shouldn't exist.

Well, dictatorships and all other inhumane systems of rule shouldn't exist either.
Britains celebrated pomposity is an expensive way to keep useless freeloaders with accidentally noble pedigree and gathered up inheritance snatched away from their ancestors' bloody war games.
Terrible that the minority of democratically minded people have to defend themselves against the misguided and oppressed masses of despots, tyrants and monarchs.

She often had the M3 with her in the 1960s. Certainly looked capable using it. Remarkable life. Unique moment in history. Very sad.

I imagine she was quite capable. Apparently she was quite technically inclined: She had been an auto mechanic in her youth, I believe in her 20's.

Yes I did feel sad at this news. I thought to myself that it is not logical to be very sad; after all she lived a long and productive life. But, feelings are feelings. It's OK to feel sad, and I do.

I remember hearing as a very Young Child
"never speak ill of the Dead" ...
I took that to heart .

Gawd, I 'm amazed at so much 'Hate' people have and their 'right' to think they can exercise it at whoever, whenever they want.

When You read certain posts here and elsewhere on the internet
One realizes Time for a break to refresh the Mind and be filled with Beauty & Grace...

Sexy that M3 and the Queen !

Have a look at the Austrian Ralf Dahrendorf's "On Britain."

England and Scotland in particular, and the United Kingdom, operating in all its glory and silliness and brilliance, a parliamentary democracy with an hereditary head of state, has been an engine of invention and discovery and civilisation for centuries. It is what it is. The balance of professional societies, governmental bodies and the unique cultures of the many corners of the kingdom, and the realm and Commonwealth, influenced by British traditions, have been one of the wonders of the last six hundred years. I live in Australia and thank God, literally, that we are a constitutional monarchy and not a republic. There have been bad monarchs of course, but this one was a great one. We have just seen the passing of the longest reigning British monarch ever. Look at the obituaries and tributes and details of her life and contributions and see if you remain unmoved. Sadly now the Queen is dead. Long live the King.

From what I can see the Serbian sense of humor matches well the Queen’s own. There are some very funny dubbed videos of the Queen online interacting with her family or visiting heads of state. Many mourn the loss of their own monarchy. The current King visited Belgrade not so long ago, and had an unofficial meeting with one of his royal cousins.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a photograph of Charles with a camera. Very different character to his mother.

Does anyone know if there’s ever been a collection of her photos available for viewing? They would be interesting and show a world none of us will ever see. Also I agree with the above. The virtue signaling on a post about a newly deceased Queen who had a passion for photography is in poor taste to say the least

Does anyone know if there’s ever been a collection of her photos available for viewing? They would be interesting and show a world none of us will ever see. ...

I am still hunting for some but this article is very interesting and wonder if any will be published:

The Queen has been spotted throughout the years snapping pictures with her old-fashioned camera. The monarch also obsessively preserves her photos and memories in well-kept albums, which she takes with her whenever she travels, according to a source.

The royal insider told The Sun’s Fabulous Digital: “Her monogrammed leather navy albums of the pictures she has taken of her travels and her family and pets travel with her wherever she goes.

“They are packed up by her senior page, Paul Whybrew, and taken to all her homes, even to Balmoral, where she goes over summer.”

The Queen does not bring her albums while travelling abroad on royal duty, however.

The source continued: “The only time when they are not accessible to her is when she goes on a State visit to a foreign country.”

queen-news-queen-elizabeth-ii-hobby-photography-kate-middleton-duchess-of-cambridge-royal-news-2206102.jpg

The Queen teaching Prince Charles how to take a picture of Princess Anne (Image: GETTY)

Back