Should I sell my Hasselblad Kit to fund a used M8 and LX3?

Hello all:
I had sold my Hasselblad gear and purchased an M8 already, but the catch is, I got the Shutter Fault message, and the dealer (Aperture UK) is looking at it, and promise to repair it for free even it mean sending it back to Solms, they tell me to wait (at least) for three weeks. Which is a bit frustrating, but I appreciate their service, as the camera was out of warranty, I half expected things like the shutter fault to happen before the dealer warranty runs out, but it was a bit too quick.

I hope it is only a small problem, it will be even better if they send it to solm, and upgrade the camera, lol. Then the wait will be worth it.

Apart from that, I have no regret of selling the Hasselblad Kit, the M8 is a great camera and worth the money. In the mean time, I had grabbed a cheap Hexar AF on auction site, and will be using that along with Gr1s till the M8 comes back. Thats the story at the moment, Thanks for everyone's input, greatly appreciate it!

To: Rob-F
There is some truth in getting the M8 as a new toy ;)

But I do ask the same question sometimes, whats is the difference between film and digital photography, and the most obvious difference is the time/money to get the image from raw to finish, then the experience of using the camera also counts, there is something special when using a RF/MF camera that makes a personal shoot differently, I tend to shoot more architectural/urbanscape with MF, and more candid/street with RF. As for the digital compact, I am looking at review of LX3 in the forum, hmm, it will be a difficult choice between LX3, GRDIII and GX200...

To: grober
Sorry mate, I would like to traded with you if I still got the gear, and thanks for the offer. :)

To: Jamie123
Hehe, thanks for the replies and suggestions!

Back