Show us your Olympus Pen Half-Frame Panoramas

Washington State Fair - Pullayup 2019

Washington State Fair - Pullayup 2019

Let's put some color into this thread! Olympus Pen S, Lomo 100 color.

49250354981_65a1e6577f_c.jpg

These are more creative than what I see most self styled “creatives” doing. Impressive if slightly weird:)
I am assuming that these are mostly done with a tripod, but my question is, how do you know how much to rotate the head between each frame? I’d think the necessary amount of pan between frames would vary depending on the camera’s distance from the subject. The almost perfect match, no overlap, nothing missing, of some of these is pretty impressive. Seems like guessing would be tough, or are you just picking objects on the right side of the viewfinder and placing them at the left of the viewfinder for the next frame?
And, Dourbalistar, your 4 year old made the pano even better.

These are more creative than what I see most self styled “creatives” doing. Impressive if slightly weird:)
I am assuming that these are mostly done with a tripod, but my question is, how do you know how much to rotate the head between each frame? I’d think the necessary amount of pan between frames would vary depending on the camera’s distance from the subject. The almost perfect match, no overlap, nothing missing, of some of these is pretty impressive. Seems like guessing would be tough, or are you just picking objects on the right side of the viewfinder and placing them at the left of the viewfinder for the next frame?

You ask me?
It's math. You must to know how angle of view have your lens (in degrees) and turn the head by the right amount of degrees. Spacing between frames, you need to set experimentally. You set the main theme of the photo at the beginning, then redirect and go from left to right.
Sorry for my english, this is not my native language.

You ask me?
It's math. You must to know how angle of view have your lens (in degrees) and turn the head by the right amount of degrees. Spacing between frames, you need to set experimentally. You set the main theme of the photo at the beginning, then redirect and go from left to right.
Sorry for my english, this is not my native language.

I figured it was math. Too bad for me:)
Well done, and thank you for the explanation. Nice work.

Back