Show your Contax G pictures.

South Apopka Florida 2004 - Big Glenn is no longer with us but his son has a BBQ truck most weekends on this same location. The specialty is a "rib sandwich" which is just a slice of ordinary white bread with about 5 large pork ribs bones and all, drizzled with BBQ sauce and another slice of white bread on the top. You can't eat it like a sandwich, just the ribs one at a time with the BBQ sauce soaked white bread on the side.

Big-Glen-BBQ.jpg

Fernandina Beach Florida 2008 - Captain James Ford tells me of the economic demise of the shrimping industry in the US caused by price pressure of imported Asian shrimp. He is seeking a new home port as these shrimp docks, once home to a large fleet, are being torn down to build resort condos.

Shrimper-James-Ford.jpg

Ground Zero Blues Club, Clarksdale Mississippi 2008 - Omar Gordon, 15 years old when this photo was made, was the lead guitar player for "Razor Blade" a popular blues group that was the headliner this night. When they went on break, Omar moved over to the piano to support the amateurs who played during break. He played with BB King for a while but had some problems and spent time in jail. Omar is back doing well and is now a noted blues guitar player.

Ground-Zero-Clarksdale.jpg

Apopka Florida 2007 - a project I did about the Florida Central Railroad. I rode on a lot of trains, learned how to operate one, took many photos but did not end up with a worthwhile story in the final analysis...

That’s disappointing. But how so? To me such a story would seem very worthwhile. Perhaps now, 14 years later, there may be renewed interest.

Contax G2, 28mm G-Biogon
Ponce, Puerto Rico. Late afternoon a few weeks before Christmas, some shops closing for the day, people heading home, thinking of dinner. But quietly, no great rush of traffic.
U77I1210129885.SEQ.0.jpg

Contax G1
45mm f/2 shot on Velvia 50 at f/2.0 or f/2.8
Gorelnik Gorge, Kazakhstan
June 2023

Apologies for the bad scan, I am working out the kinks with DSLR scanning and also re-learning how to use Lightroom. My slides are very vibrant but came through rather muted on the scan, so I played around with some presets to get a different look.

Velvia - Cairn in Gorelnik Gorge - S.jpg

Back