Smallest possible holster for camera + 2 lenses

piero2020

Established
Local time
8:30 AM
I am trying to think of a way to walk around with a camera holster for a Zeiss Ikon ZM with a lens on - that's the easy part - plus 2 compartments, or some other contraption to store two more lenses, them being my minuscule 15mm heliar ltm, the smallish 28mm voigtlander VM and the 5.5cm (2inch) long 50mm voigtlander 1.5 ltm (one of them will be on the camera).

All the bags that have compartments are big, much bigger than holsters, and all the holsters don't have compartments. That's such a pity, for the first time in my life I can carry my complete focal length range without a backpack (goodbye SLRs...)

Any ideas?

is the domke f-5xb too big? fits xpro1 with 27mm and 18mm nicely. or two dp merrills.

edit: nevermind, you only want a holster, my bad

is the domke f-5xb too big? fits xpro1 with 27mm and 18mm nicely. or two dp merrills.

edit: nevermind, you only want a holster, my bad

Hello Joe, thanks for the suggestion - main idea is, since the camera and the lenses are so small, why not go for the smallest possible thing, it should not be bigger than a regular 1-lens SLR holster, giving me an incredible range of 15->50mm (longer lenses are not something that makes sense to me really).

There were small „lens compartments“ made out of leather - DDR make. Unlike leica pouches, those were solid and your lens could survive every bump. You could attach such a compartment to the holster.

Not a good plan. These 'holsters' are unwieldy and will not fit a rangefinder well. Instead, I'd go for something like a small Billingham Hadley which will fit the camera and lenses well and last a lifetime.

The picture may not fully qualify since you have asked for two more lenses but it may give a direction?

(Not my picture. Sorry for not being able to give the credits for picture and idea from the internet)

Attachments

• photo115528.png
    photo115528.png
    246.1 KB · Views: 0
Not a good plan. These 'holsters' are unwieldy and will not fit a rangefinder well. Instead, I'd go for something like a small Billingham Hadley which will fit the camera and lenses well and last a lifetime.

Plus, a holster advertises that you are carrying a camera. Potential thieves may like it.I would carry a small messenger's bag that is not immediately identified as a camera bag.

The Hadley Digital will hold the camera with lens and two or three additional lenses depending upon the length of the mounted lens.

52073808767_af437ed164_c.jpg
[

52075332335_efeab6767d_c.jpg

]
52073808822_1a8654c88b_c.jpg

]
52075081294_1594c8a3f4_c.jpg

35mm on left, Konica 90mm f2.8 on right

If I have a shorter lens mounted on the body I can also fit a lens, and viewfinder, here

52075332275_89bc946ff2_c.jpg

Shawn

The Hadley Digital will hold the camera with lens and two or three additional lenses depending upon the length of the mounted lens.

35mm on left, Konica 90mm f2.8 on right

If I have a shorter lens mounted on the body I can also fit a lens, and viewfinder, here

Shawn

Excellent, quite smart!

Back