Software for printing?

Monochrom

Well-known
Local time
6:34 AM
Hi Guys, hope you´re all fine!

I want to ask what software do you use when printing with your inkjet printers.

I have a Canon Pro-100 and been using the printing option from the files.

I wonder if there is some sort of software that can be usefull.

Thanks in advance and best wishes for this 2019!

Hi Guys, hope you´re all fine!

I want to ask what software do you use when printing with your inkjet printers.

I have a Canon Pro-100 and been using the printing option from the files.

I wonder if there is some sort of software that can be usefull.

Thanks in advance and best wishes for this 2019!

M,

I use Roy Harrington's Quadtone RIP and because of using a Mac his "Print-Tool."

I'm doing Piezography and the two systems seems to have been made for each other. No bugs and a lot of creative flexibility.

One experiment I did is use Print Tool to print out sheets of my business cards utilizing my own B&W images shot with a Leica Monochrom. I just filled a 17x22 sheet to capacity with 2x3 images and when I pressed print nothing happened for about 20 minutes, but then all the data was transfered it printed.

For my name and contact info I utilized a rubber stamp I bought at Staples that is self inking.

When I give someone my card I'm actually give them a small print. I have different images so they can select a favorite, and in a way it is like carrying a small folio of my work.

Know that I print 20x30 on 24x36 sheet. The Quadtone Rip does a great job. Highly regarded. I use it for Epson 3880 and 7800 printers. When Piezography came out with Piezography Pro about 2 1/2 years ago I was invited to be an early adopter. Even with this new system where a split tone is blended in the print head the intergration was seamless.

A well engineered product by both Piezography and Roy Harrington.

Cal

First of all I would recommend to use Canon Pro-10 instead.
Its pigment vs. dye thing, and it does make a difference in longevity and durability, without a doubt. Price of ink is about the same.
That being said, I just use Photoshop :)
Good luck.

No need to scuba dive if this is your first time in water. Just get really good at using either Lightroom (easier to get started) or PS (to me it's more awkward).

Last edited by a moderator:
I used QuadTone RIP when I was printing on B&W converted printers. It did a great job. When I bought the Epson R2400 (and now P600), even the QuadTone RIP author (Roy Harrington) told me it was unnecessary (no added benefit), since the inkset for these printers includes a dedicated set of B&W inks and the Epson print driver includes the Advanced B&W Printing mode, which does an excellent job.

Like someone else mentioned, all my printing has been based on using Lightroom's Print module since 2006.

G

Hi!

Thank you very much for your help

I´ll try your sdvice and see how it ends for sure there´s plenty of info for me to review and learn about!

Best wishes!

Back